Prydwen (alb) ToA zone lagging?

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
Has anyone noticed a lot of (server side) lag in ToA land since Catacombs yesterday? There seems to be a 1-3 second delay between pressing a key to start a cast and the actual cast starting, and every 30 minutes or so there seems to be a 60+ second freeze where you can move about but no your health/mana/endurance doesn't increase, you can't cast spells and all the mobs stop moving - usually followed in 60 seconds by a huge amount of spam in the event chat window and your death.

Three green lag meter squares - and both my account (on different machines) are experiencing the problem, so I'm pretty sure the problem isn't at my end. I presume this is similar to what Mid experienced at the beginning of ToA - I hope it doesn't last long.

Aragyn

Fledgling Freddie
Its not on your end, run a pingplot, send to rightnow, cause everyone is getting it...

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
Aragyn said:
Its not on your end, run a pingplot, send to rightnow, cause everyone is getting it...

Right done that, plotted over 30 mins and sent to rightnow. As we suspected - the plot shows nothing is wrong with the network, lets hope they can fix it :D

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I've spoken to the network people and they tell me there are no reported issues at the moment. What I suspect is that the servers are being hammered by people patching Catacombs and registering their copies. Because ToA is such a large zone, with so many mobs in it, any performance issues which may not be as evident in other areas will be exaggerated. I suspect that the regular freeze up probably coincides with the game database polling the account database (which happens every half hour or so) causing additional stress over and above the background levels.

Over time as the demand for patching eases off I would expect it to improve.

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the reply Requiel. It seems to be getting worse as the afternoon progresses - which would fit with your theory as more and more people across europe get home from work/college/daily activities and patch up.

I'll go and clean the house for a few hours, years of DAOC'ing has meant the vacuuming hasn't been done quite as regularly as normal. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom