Proxy

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
isnt there any software prog that can allow me to play DaOC with a proxy server ?

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Don't you need to configure your firewall? Find the ports daoc is using and maybe the IP of the server.

I don't know for sure, but if that's wrong someone's bound to flame me and give the right answer :p

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
im using proxy because all the ports are closed on my internet :( so got my self a 1 mb proxy connection but now daoc dont support socks cap an software like that ;)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
If the proxy allows DAoC traffic through (which it probably won't, but . . .), then you should be able to access it by adding a route for the DAoC servers from a command prompt. This will mean that non internet traffic from your PC will also use the proxy to get to that address.

The command is :

route add -p [SERVER IP ADDRESS] mask 255.255.255.255 [PROXY IP ADDRESS]

Add this for the logon and game server(s) and you should be fine, if the proxy allows the traffic. If it doesn't, you'll have to ask someone who controls the proxy to open up certain ports. However, there may also be software that'll change the ports to open ones to get through the proxy, then change them back again outside your firewall. Never used such a thing, though, so can't really recommend any.

Darzil

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
If the proxy allows DAoC traffic through (which it probably won't, but . . .), then you should be able to access it by adding a route for the DAoC servers from a command prompt. This will mean that non internet traffic from your PC will also use the proxy to get to that address.

The command is :

route add -p [SERVER IP ADDRESS] mask 255.255.255.255 [PROXY IP ADDRESS]

Add this for the logon and game server(s) and you should be fine, if the proxy allows the traffic. If it doesn't, you'll have to ask someone who controls the proxy to open up certain ports. However, there may also be software that'll change the ports to open ones to get through the proxy, then change them back again outside your firewall. Never used such a thing, though, so can't really recommend any.

Darzil

Hmm ;) where should i add the route add -p [SERVER IP ADDRESS] mask 255.255.255.255 [PROXY IP ADDRESS]..
im not the best to computers :p

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
From a command prompt. Type cmd into the Start -> Run box (on Windows 2000/XP) or command into the Start -> Run box (on Windows 95).

Darzil

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Says : Route : bad destination address

Does this mean your "plan" dont work ? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom