proposed realm abilitys in frontier expansion

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Chain Lightning

Every single target DD cast for the next 15 seconds will leap from the first target to 4 additional targets each within 500 range. 80/60/40/20% damage for each leap. The lightning will seek out the path of least resistance and will target the player with the lowest energy resist during each leap.

Wonder if this works with the Mjolnir spell line....

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Bloodhunter said:
nice i think alot of good stuff there xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD :clap: :clap: :clap:
Is a bit bad for ya Infils with the RA's/Class Abilities tho? Or you haven't noticed the Vanish nerf yet? :p

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
I like the assassinate and Shadow Strike thingies though. Add some spice to the otherwise slow unthinking assassin play-style.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Some interesting stuff.

Obviously all subject to testing and a lot of review. I think its important people remember this before getting too excited/annoyed depending on their point of view.

I love what they are doing with Vanish. No more double-PAs in a fight from infs. BoF + SoS available to all realms now and there are actually a few flavours of these for different classes. The SB-specific RA looks like a hoot but I can't help but notice that there is an inference that infs camp a lot.

I notice that lvl3 in a lot of RA brings a higher return than it does currently.

Example, 3rd lvl in Aug Con,Str,Dex and Qui currently gives 9% increase. With Frontiers that will be 10%. Same with a few others too.

I think the MoC penalties are a bit severe unless its going to be cheap to buy.

The Hybrid RAs look a hoot: not going to own but give the likes of pallies some damage output.

Chain Lightning for Thanes looks a scream, but you can kiss goodbye any type of CC with Thanes around. Erm, no change there I guess :D

The animist RA looks terrible - it seems like the equivilent of the Animist turning into an Osterich sticking his head in the sand for a minute. If its meant so he can set traps, it probably needs to last longer than a minute. If there's not a reference in GU comics soon to this I'd be amazed.

Juggernaut looks like a scream if you can afford it Lvl2 of this gives Enchanters/SMs and Cabbies a lvl64 pet: good grief lol. Lvl3 gives them almost something as tough as the dragon. Thats got to be worth trying out just for a laugh. Get a few of these on a keep lord and watch him go down fast - you possibly don't even need to take down Door 2 on a keep. Could be a good giggle but too early to tell. Sorry Bonedancers and Animists, I'd not allow you chaps this RA. I know that only the primary pet of these classes is lvl44, but in the case of Bonedancers, taking out the Commander is often key to killing the Bonedancer, which more or less makes the Boney impossible to kill for that minute, and in the case of Animists, he's a minelaying nightmare anyway.

Most of the Alb specific RAs look very good, but since the lead in RAs over the other 2 realms is lost, you'll probably hear quite a few complaining. Notable winners are Wiz and Reaver in this. Wiz can now get Volcanic Pillar as well as that Wall of Flame ability, which looks good.

I didn't see Majestic Will on the list. Not sure if I missed it or if its gone. Stupid RA anyway. Mythic should be making casters more useful in epic encounters not based on RAs anyway.

Overall I'd say that the much wider access to the defensive RAs will have a bigger impact on RvR than the offensive or class specific RAs. Also though tanks seem to have the best of it, I'm not sure how much benefit this will be since in Frontiers terrain is going to play a much bigger part and its simply going to be harder for tanks to always get to their targets anyway in certain areas.

Early days, looking forward to seeing how this develops :)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Looks promising, great to see that Hybrids finally get determination (though if I were being honest, i'd personally liked to have seen it removed. I'm allowed to think that because I play a CC class :p)

Class specific stuff looks interesting as well (I suppose I don't have any excuse for not aiming for RR5 now :( )

Of course, like it says its only propsed changes. It wouldn't surprise me if stuff like the self-res buff (Can't imagine how crazy that would be in PvE

Tank: Woops, I overpulled.
Archeon: Don't worry, i'll just self-res myself
Tank: YAY!
Caster: YAY!
Stealther: LFG!

:D) got nerfed, or changed. Chain lightning looks uber fun though :)

Hargh

Fledgling Freddie
Presumably with the cheapness of purge 1 and other abilities CC isn't such a force anyway, making many people happier especially thanes.

willowywicca

Fledgling Freddie
Roo Stercogburn said:
I think the MoC penalties are a bit severe unless its going to be cheap to buy.
You should read it a bit more closely I think ;)

You might of missed that it's now 10 min recast not 30!!.. lvl3 of it costs 30 pts, whilst present version costs 24 total.. so it's a tad more expensive.. but getting to use it 3 times more often surely is worth a 25% decrease in effectiveness while it's up? (also could of sworn it said it was 30 sec duration as opposed to 15 sec, but looking at it now that's not there :p maybe they changed the doc already lol)

[Edit: ah yeah, not in the table but in the description of changes to purge moc etc it states there that it *is* now 30 sec duration. this is a major improvement to moc tbh, not a nerf at all.]

I think the new system looks good, pure/light tanks can still get the equivalent of deter 4 (25% base + 24% from deter 5) but that's 34 pts as opposed to the 12 it costs now, so tanks specced for that won't have much in the way of additional RAs.. also hybrids get it, tho spending 34 pts just to get a 24% reduction in CC is too much for my personal tastes lol..

MCL down to 3 min reuse timer too o_O pretty nice..

The best thing about the new system is that the RAs are all so costly, that if you want lvl3 you really can only get a few forcing you to make choices, and for most classes there seems a fair bit of spread to your options..

Some of the unique abilities seem a bit crazy tho, and some are clearly imbalanced in that they give gain with no penalty, whilst others give gains but tehre's an associated penalty.. either all should have penalties, or none should.. not both.. also comparing the animist and BD ones.. they're effectively the same, except BD gets 90% CC immunity too and animist gets.. nothing.. :eek:

Anyways, it'll obviously change a fair bit before it goes live, but at present I'm liking it enough to consider eventually returning to daoc a month or two before it hits euro land :)

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Tasslehoff said:
I like the assassinate and Shadow Strike thingies though. Add some spice to the otherwise slow unthinking assassin play-style.

Assassinate a quick proccess? I dont think so, it will just add to the inf camp situation. Both skills would prove overpowered also, can u imagine any high RR Inf PAing for 50% extra :mad: thats quite a disturbing thought with potential for some extremely high hits.
Teleporting Assasins? Were the Dev team smoking crack durring the RA brainstorming session? I can see it would be a fun skill but also would raise many issues both for and against. I can hear the uproar now as a SB gets the skill then uses it on some person, only to be unstealthed miles away due to lag or ppl hax0ring.

Physical Defense - Passive
Reduces all melee and archery damage taken by the listed percentage.
List Casters and Archers

If this went ahead i could see that archers would become very fotm, its also quite stupid. Having an extra 27% abs with lvl 5 PD combined with a stealth class... For a total of 46% abs to melee dmg, a very dangerous idea from Mythic.

Like Mal and others above have already said, some good idea's but it still needs some more serious thought before it goes ahead, yet again Mythic prove how poor they are at skill balancing.

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
The class uniques all shit except Sb's, the healers is overpowered, and the armsman one is just fucking hilarious.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Pudzy said:
The class uniques all shit except Sb's, the healers is overpowered, and the armsman one is just fucking hilarious.

you seem very negative recently :p

i think some of them look quite fun (and after all dont we play this game to have fun? :p )

or maybe you are just unhappy that you ran of to crybion instead of sticking with whinegard? :D

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Ormorof said:
you seem very negative recently :p

i think some of them look quite fun (and after all dont we play this game to have fun? :p )

or maybe you are just unhappy that you ran of to crybion instead of sticking with whinegard? :D

There's not alot to be positive about in daoc atm, gota work ya ass off for 50, then ml's THEN arti's, its just boring :l. Just friends keeping me playing atm

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
imo give all classes the ability to turn into mushrooms. would save everyone alot of time lvl'ing stupid artifacts.

Mael, 50th ment.

kain

Fledgling Freddie
I was looking forward to getting a free ra, something to work towards... but oh freakin' joy us thanes get a gimped AE on a timer and needs to be able to cast :-(

If i wanted to break cc (which as a thane is my god given right) I'll use the big ol' sky hammer of healer hatdred.

I'm just a little pissed off, seeing how great some are.

look on the bright side, Rath of champions 3... I'll be the amazing exploding thane !!!

emma

Loyal Freddie
wonder how long it will take before 8 SM`s with that uber pet RA are farming the dragons ;p

6+ level 80+ pets beating on the dragon would prolly drop it quiet fast imho.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
emma said:
wonder how long it will take before 8 SM`s with that uber pet RA are farming the dragons ;p

6+ level 80+ pets beating on the dragon would prolly drop it quiet fast imho.

i was thinking the same actually :p

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Tasslehoff said:

mercinfs and shadowzerkers wont bother learning to use it anyway...i mean...something that takes skill...naa! thats not why they play tankassasin ;>

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
GrivneKelmorian said:
mercinfs and shadowzerkers wont bother learning to use it anyway...i mean...something that takes skill...naa! thats not why they play tankassasin ;>

Doesn't it plant you and perf for you? I wouldn't say that requires alot of skill, but I like the ra. For the Inf's one you actually have to remain awake for a while, but less turning this into a inf whine thread Grivne!

Also this game doesn't require many skills :p

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Pudzy said:
Also this game doesn't require many skills :p

You kidding? You need m4d p0int&cl1c|< (Point&Click) skillz to be able to play DAoC, Don't forget those two buttons 1 style/1 backup (not mentioning what two styles I have because I don't like to mention that - that class might be slightly more powerful than others of its specific type. I'm not mentioning the type of class either because then you could guess it. All I will say is that they can't spec parry!)

Arus Canus

One of Freddy's beloved
Now, Mastery of Concentration is available for use every ten minutes and lasts for thirty seconds. There is no pre-requisite purchase any more, so the total cost to the player is 5, 10, and 15 points for each of the three respective levels. Of course, there's no such thing as a free lunch.

MoC I, while allowing the caster 30 seconds of uninterruptible casting, now comes with the trade off that all spells cast during that time will be 25% as effective. For example, let's say you cast a nuke for what would normally be 400 points. With the new MoC I, you cannot be interrupted as you do 100 points of damage to your target, as many times as you can cast the spell in thirty seconds. The 25% number applies during other types of spells as well. If you mesmerize an enemy player for 60 seconds normally (but with the risk of interruption), then the mez will only last for 15 seconds if cast while MoC I is active.

MoC II costs an additional ten RA points, and allows the caster 50% of his normal effectiveness.

MoC III, which costs a total of 30 points (5 + 10 + 15), will allow a caster to cast with no interruptions for thirty seconds every ten minutes at 75% effectiveness.

So with MoC III ... you do less dmg with nukes and ur spells suck! Should change name of RA, "Mastery of Concentration" dont fit if ur spells going to suck donkeyballs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom