Proposed changes to ffa

L

lecter

1. qwsv/progs.dat
- In otherwords bunnyhop fixed qwsv. This means no need to cap ur fps or using qw2.30. Apologies to the modemers but u have been nippy little bastards for far too long :p.

2. Timelimit
- I suggest that this gets reduced to 12 minutes. Long enough for a full server to get the fraglimit before the timelimit expires.

3. Map changes
- a 12 map cycle based on 4id, 4ztn, 4custom.
dm2-4, e4m3, ztn3-6, uk2, a9, ultrav, aerowalk.

L

lecter

Ok sod it, its gonna be done today. We need to get moving. Complaints later :)

L

lecter

Also we have updated the qwsv to 2.33-0005 and applied the nailhack patch

O

old.Yeti

nice

Overall, pretty good, but squeeze dm6 in there.
Maybe take out aerowalk...

/me waits for abuse :D

O

old.andy0r

If i can bunny hop properly i love you guys, no matter what gay maps you're running :)

M

Mr_Horus

I'd like to see ULTRAV added to the cycle. I know its on the server but not playable unless someone RCON's it :)

L

lecter

I'd like to see HORUS goto the opticians :)

O

old.Jez

mibbe for the people who've lost track of the map cycle.. would u be so kind as to post the entire map list ?

pretty please my little white dressed bride on a stick lecter honey bunny pretty kinky please rar ?

O

old.Yeti

hmm

somehow sort that z4 conflicting thing out :(
persuade connect free to use the latest version?
btw dont up maxclients, z3 and dm4 seemed crowded today with the full 8. ppl actually waiting to get in fs :)

btw, rofl lecter :D

H

HangTime

excellent work! all quality maps added but uk2 is still a bit ZZzzZZz, perhaps swap it for dm6 ?:)

btw the version of ztndm4 on BW is the CORRECT version, it was released with vissed water. I asked ak47 (the connectfree server admin) to change their version about a year ago but it seems they can't be arsed :( neway now we have some decent maps on BW there should be little need to play on connectfree :)

maxclients 8 is fine now theres some small fast paced maps on the server, i remember a while back it was briefly put up to 11 and this ruined maps like ztndm3, massive gl spamming etc, its bad enuff with 8

O

old.Treznor

thanks for making the changes, nice to see that ppl still notice that QW is played occasionally :p

Treznor

O

old.wellyman

for info, cfree updated the ztnm4 version couple of days ago :)

O

old.plac

all these customs maps are bollocks - have one server that has the pure DMs on and another for the gay custom maps.

O

old.MetalHead

great new ffa servers! this is brillant! qw is back! (or not)
i like it - both ffa servers busy a lot of the time - exelent gameplay!

O

old.Rabid

Gah, all these ztn maps make my computer, an antique relic, choke like a cheap whore! Which was unfortunate. GG PLD on the jump bug though, now I can apply some sp33dy m4dsk1llz to ffa without messing up! wayhey!

http://www.keirl.co.uk

O

old.andy0r

i agree with plac. The maps still suck (oh i hate those gay spamming ztn maps so much for ffa). They're crowded with 4-5 players fs. I dont have anything against custom maps in general, but most maps on the server are wank (soz).
I hoped BW would become another option to have some decent ffa games after the mod has been fixed. But the map cycle and maxclients totally disappoint me. Axes4all ahoy

H

HangTime

in general the response to server changes over the last few days has been very positive amongst players, however a few ppl have complained that some of the new maps are too small resulting in excessive spamming etc. perhaps the two servers could be differentiated by maxclients/maps? eg:

server 1: maxclients 6, running ztndm3-6, ultrav, aerowalk, dm4
server 2: maxclients 8, running dm2, dm3, e4m3, uk2, a9

... or something similar. thoughts?

O

old.andy0r

I write/say what i think that's a slight difference IMHO. Moaning is when someone rather plays against a team with one man down than letting the dropped player replaced by someone

O

old.wellyman

custom maps server- NEW maps please, not a rehash of older custom maps. There's loads out there people have spent time putting together, just to go to waste? e.g zed2 on cfree ffa2 is great, try running the pent :)

Have a look round admin, wont hurt for peeps to try something new, and a regular change or addition to the cycle (say every 2 months) will keep things interesting. If only to stimulate discussion !

C

cosmos

i'd rather play vs a team of the clans members ta, they had a sub

O

old.wellyman

ffa2, -still the same old tired maps, i see. Does anyone wonder why its always empty? Pretty short on discussion above too :(. Nobody out there want a bit more variety in ffa maps?

Me sulks and plays cfree,GI -when they get back up, and stateside servers (having fun as an HPB beats being LPB on outdated maps, every time!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom