Proposal for DM Servers...

X

Xantaro

Greetings BW people!

As was recently discussed, thought I'd put up a maplist for the 'bullets only' DM server, as it will be quite unique in the community...

dm/nycdm1 "Warehouse (8 to 16 players)"
dm/nycdm2 "Underground (4 to 6 players)"
dm/nycdm4 "Back Alley (2 to 4 players)"
dm/kosdm1 "Sewers (4 to 8 players)"
dm/irqdm1 "Refinery (6 to 8 players)"
dm/jpndm2 "Restaurant (2 to 6 players)"
dm/sudctb1 "Meat Plant (8 to 12 players)"
dm/gercon1 "Castle (8 to 12 players)"

Let's say gore on, weapon stay, spinning weapons off, limited ammo, realistic damage, g_movescale of "1.0", all 20 minute maps and nooo frag limit. :) That's one serious set of maps.

The second DM server makes sense to be the traditional RavDM, with all weapons on. Something for everybody...

Damn, this sure is exciting!

:clap: :D :clap:

(Okay, yeah, the novelty value of these smilies is bound to wear off soon... lol)

S

Sh@dy

All server settings and accompanying maplists have been put foward Shalafi.

As a note I would like to mention that I have customised the CTF maplist to remove the standard JPNCTF1 (car park) map for obvious reasons. I am sure that none of you would disagree when I say that this would certainly keep the map cycle running smoothly and without dispersal of players :)

.......and before anybody mentions it, I am well aware of the custom version of this map, however, I suggest we don't get too complicated to start with. Nothing is more off-putting to a newbie than having to download maps when he's itching to frag :D

B

BuRR

Originally posted by ShadyD
.....I have customised the CTF maplist to remove the standard NYCCTF1 (car park) map for obvious reasons. .....

surely you mean the jpnctf one?

B

BuRR

strange that the post was edited.....

Last edited by ShadyD on 01-10-01 at 09:07

at the EXACT minute your last post was posted! :D

O

old.[B4B]STIFF

Originally posted by Thorne
why no nycdm5? if 4 is ok so should 5!

Maximum players at 10 then.......more will be too much.
(MY opinion)

X

Xantaro

I disagree, Thorne. In 5, the shotgun is a bottleneck, people just stand in there, pot luck if you get it. In 4, there are many, many ways in, and out. :)

T

thorne

LOl thats wot they get for using the shotty all the time,c4 the lot of them thats wot I say hehe

fair enuff it will be on the other cycle anyway

Users who are viewing this thread