Promotion & Prize Playoffs Explained

A

andersschm

Details are now on the website regarding prizes and also provisional week 10 playoff fixtures are on the website.

PROMOTION PLAYOFFS

DIVISION 2

2nd Place from each of the Division 2's will play each other. The winner of the match will be promoted to Division 1 for next season. The team from 2 Red is T first which has been randomly determined. No prizes are involved in this match.

This gives a total of 3 promoted teams to division 1.

DIVISION 3

The second placed team in division 3 red plays the second placed team in division 3 blue. The team from 3 red has been drawn to play as T first. The winner of this match is promoted to division 2 level.

The second placed team in division 3 yellow plays the second placed team in division 3 green. The team from 3 yellow has been drawn to play as T first. The winner of this match is promoted to division 2 level.

No prizes are involved in these matches.

PRIZE PLAYOFFS

Because of the multiple division 2 and 3's it is necessary that the league winners play off against each other so as to allocate prizes and determine an overall winner. Each divisional winner will get a prize but the value of the prize increases if they can perform well in the end of season prize playoff.

DIVISION 2

The winner of division 2 blue will play the winner of division 2 red. The division 2 team has been drawn to play as T first.

The winner of this match is overall division 2 champion and takes the top prize. The loser gets a prize of lesser value.

DIVISION 3

Four teams compete for prizes in division 3 so there is a two phase knockout. The two teams knocked out in the first matches get equal prizes. The other two teams then play a final match for the best prizes division 3 has to offer.

The winner of division 3 red plays the winner of division 3 blue. The team from 3 red has been determined to play as T first. The winner progresses to the next phase.

The winner of division 3 green plays the winner of division 3 yellow. The team from 3 green has been determined to play as T first. The winner progresses to the next phase.

The winners of the above two matches will then play each other. Overall winner gets to choose which prize they would like.

A

andersschm

I hope that answers a few queries - as some people might suddenly be confused why they are now being requested to play playoffs.

For prize details see Blocks news post on the main website.

E

ECA

What model of Audigy 2 mate?

They vary between 85 and 175 in price :-]

B

[BFTD]BigD

Just to confirm, all matches on clan1_mill?

A

andersschm

All matches on de_clan1_mill.

I have no more details about the exact spec of the Audigy II cards other than what block has listed on the website. I will ask the question but I expect them to be the more valuable cards - else the division 2 prize of Geforce Ti4200's would be more valuable.

The prizes are supposedly balanced on value - so as they are division 1 top prize they should be worth more than any of the other prizes.

A

Archibald

Its cool to see some nice prizes for BWCSL at last. My only comment would be about the 'Fair Play' Prize. In my opinion it should be open to all divisions, surely Div1 and Div 2 dont play fairer then 3 and 4?.

Just my 2p worth

A

andersschm

Originally the prizes were received were intended for there to be 3rd and 4th division fair play awards. However the way the prizes were originally allocated there would have been a shortage of prizes for division 3. (only 2 winning teams would have gotten prizes)

Because of this div 3 + 4 fair play awards have had to be dropped this season and the vouchers used to make more prizes for division 3.

This will be reviewed for next season.

A

andersschm

I will discuss with Block tonight - could perhaps work something out about fair play prizes for this season.. stay tuned ;)

A

Archibald

Just to clarify. I'm not suggesting that there should be prizes for all 4 divisions this season. Just that the 2 prizes available should be open to any clan from any division :)

A

andersschm

Yeah I noticed that atfer I had replied. Will discuss it with Block.

Regarding the Audigy II's - Game have replied that they are the cheaper cards. Depending on peoples opinion prize allocation may be changed.

A

andersschm

After discussion with a few people it seems they would still prefer Audigy II over Ti4200 so this will stay as division 1 prize.

As for fair play prize, still haven't decided this yet.

A

andersschm

Fair play prizes will be announced next week. They will be open to all clans across all divisions.

Users who are viewing this thread