Project Entropia

B

Belsameth

http://www.project-entropia.com/default.asp

Been reading an article on this new MMORPG, and to be honest ir scares me. instead of a virtual economy, like all MMORPG'S, they work with real money here. tho a logical step in MMOG'S, just look at E-Bay, I still find it frightning. just look at the addiction games like DAoC give. true, in theory you can actually get rich by playing it, sadly tho for a minority to get rich, a majority has to get poor.

what're your thoughts on this development?

O

old.job

Very interesting, though the whole thing feels a bit like a scam.

You can play without spending any cash at all, guess you can't do much, unless some hard work will get you something to sell.

Might download it tonight and have a go.

I like the idea of having communication at only shouting distance, that would put a real twist on DAOC if they implemented that.

B

Belsameth

was thinking the same thing. of trying to actually play it tonight, I mean. doubt I'll pull my CC for it tho

S

Sarum TheBlack

Strikes me as quite dangerous really...

And people get bitchy enough already about items and other ingame commodities... think how much worse it'd be if people stood to gain or loose huge amounts in real life based on the actions of others in game, I'm sure we all know jerks who try to rip you off in game... would doing so with real cash have any legal implications?

An interesting concept.. and as you say, kinda a logical step for MMORPGs.. not sure it's an entirely pleasant step tho.. a bold stride forward that's a little squishy underfoot.. you'll have to take another before you can lift your foot up to know if it's shit you stepped in.

T

Teh Krypt

Dam their server sucks. Downloading at 1.4kbs.

B

Belsameth

tried it.
you start without anything.
so you're forced to spend at least a buck, and I refuse to do so :)

smart tactic, if it works. looked frightfully empty tho.
guess the world isn't ready for this yet, and just pays US$1k+ for UO items :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom