Proc Rates

R

Roo Stercogburn

This from Sanya's Grab Bag...

Q: Are there any stats that have an affect on weapon proc rates?

A: No.

I might be wrong, but myself and everyone I know believes that high dex increases proc rate and dex buffing make you proc like you are on steroids. (It certainly affects pet proccing, thats for sure).

My question is this: is the answer above correct for weapons, but not valid for other items, or does dex indeed have no effect on any proccing, or is the above answer completely wrong?

C

Carlos Bananos

aye, you seem to proc lots more when buffed, wouldn't suprise me if the info given to Sanya was wrong :p

D

Dook_Pug

I always noticed a difference while farming Diamonds on my friends Warrior.

This wouldn't be the first time Mythic has given the wrong information on a grab bag though, they really don't know their own game. :rolleyes:

O

old.Mu.

I was always led to believe that your WeapSkill stat affects proc-rate.

K

klavrynd

had the feeling as well that high dex made you proc like a maniac

O

old.Xarr

yeah i thought dex affected proc... dex also affects how often you crit too right? i base this upon the fact that you need aug dex to get mastery of pain (the crit RA).

T

tris-

i think "sanya" is a computer program and the answers are randomly generated.

M

Meatballs

Dex/Qui buff will make you swing more often and then you'll proc more often. :eek:

S

Sarnat

I havent seen any changes when buffed or not.

T

Tranquil-

procs are a base 10% chance to every hit. And the random generator is leading you to believe it because of lucky random streaks. Also more hits in(qui/haste buffs) = more procs.

Users who are viewing this thread