Proc rates: artis vs drops

Malik

Fledgling Freddie
Hey all
With my minstrel starting to close in on 50 and me starting to work on templates I need some info about proc rates. I've heard somewhere that artifacts (and apparently legendary weapons including sun wep) proc on almost one in three hits, compared to one in ten on crafted/drop weapons. Having no high level tank to test this on I'd appreciate some feedback on this topic. I'm also interested in any info about armour proc rates. I heard somewhere that the ml6.10 vests with the nice heal procs barely ever proc. Is this just hearsay or can anyone confirm this? How much does the GoV proc go off?
Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Weapons and armour have a 10% chance to proc, I read somewhere that two-handed weapons have a slightly increased chance to proc on this due to being slower speeds, to compensate for the natural disadvantage. But thats as reliable as any grab-bag info.

The 1 in 3 rumours you heard most likely originated from the early toa beta tests when some artifacts actually were set to proc 1 in 3 swings etc, but this quickly got changed and I don't think ever actually went live, it certainly never reached euro servers.

Currenty im 90% sure my SoK procs far far less often then any other pole i've ever used, but perhaps im just bitter at how crap it is.

Malik

Fledgling Freddie
Okay thanks for the info Kagato :). I guess all that stuff really is hearsay and you can't trust the info on VoS after all ;)

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
weapon procs have a _base_ chance of 10% to go off. this is modified by the speed of the weapon (faster weapons have a lower chance to go off than slower ones to keep the dps equivalent).
procs on 2h weapons have an additional chance to go off to balance out not having anything in the left hand (same reason 2h weapons get a 10% bonus to their base damage) - not because they are slower (they also have an increased chance due to generally being slower though).

reactive procs _should_ have a modified chance to proc based on the speed of the weapon that's hitting you, but I've never bothered to test it, and it probably doesn't :p

And no... artifacts and legendary weapons don't have higher proc rates... Some do have 2 different procs though, so higher chance to proc something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom