Proc on crafted items ??

O

old.chesnor

i crafted a sword today and when I did a shift-I noticed it had a proc.....

Magical Ability:
Function: dmg-over-time
Damage per tick: 31
target: Targetted
Range: 1500
Duration: 20 sec
Power cost: 16
Casting time: 3.0 sec
Radius: 350
Damage: Spirit

The sword is a quartz 2h sword 4.5dps, 4.6dps and I havn't actually seen it proc yet, but it is grey and I do not use 2h weaps. Is this a bug or just a rarity???

A

Aeiedil

erm, i believe the word nice comes to hand :) make me a diamond guarded rapier like that will ya ;)

O

old.Aiges Tyme

I've heard of this before, and seen a few weapons (a longbow too!). I think it has a chance to proc if its quality if over a certain level but its rare. Well thats what i was told could just be a bug though ;)

O

old.Organ-Grinder

Might it be mythic loading code to gorre test server testing future crafting spells and it somehow gobbledegooked its way to othr relams as a small bug/chance to do it ? prolly wrong but just a suggestion

O

old.Organ-Grinder

oooops nvm above comment those sort of craftingablilities ainteven in usa servers yet and i seruiously doubt we get it any time soon here

L

Lam

Those procs are a bug that's in the game and they get solved in a future patch (don't remeber which one).
So there's no reason to hope for crafted proccing weapons until spellcrafting is introduced.

L

Lord Vorbis

Phantom proc. Just a bug in the game, don't worry :) just ignore the text it'll never proc. Got a few myself.

S

SFXman

lol, damn... wish it did actually proc, that would kick-ass :)

B

Blood

bug

it's a display bug, and should be fixed in 1.48

S

SFXman

Still pretty cool though, having a crafted "proc" weapon that you can show-off. Hehe.... you could make some seriously nice 95-100% quality proccing enchanted weps :D

O

old.Hendrick

Never had anything like that happen (and I've made quite a few weapons in the past weeks:))

A

Alrindel

I'm a 658 weaponcrafter and I've seen it happen on many weapons that I have made (I noticed it when they patched to 1.45 and we could now see "crafted by Alrindel" in the weapon information). Sometimes the "proc" that shows in shift-I is obviously a bug (it will just say Target: Self - Casting Time: 2.0 sec or something) and sometimes it looks like a real proc showing range, damage type and everything.

It seems to be unrelated to material (seen it happen on weapons as low as ferrite) and quality (seen it happen on 90% ones). And as far as I know, it is strictly a display bug - no weapon I have ever made for anyone has ever procced, no matter what shift-I says.

O

old.chesnor

I have tested this weap with alts, and it doesnt proc. Shame really, I think it would be so cool crafting if you ocasionally got rare procs.

O

old.tRoG

will you be able to add procs with spellcrafting? or just your boring old +skill +stat stuff

A

Alrindel

nobody really knows. spellcrafting isn't even ready for beta testing on pendragon (the US test server) yet.

S

SFXman

If those procs worked... damn... you smiths would get an occasional weapon that you can sell for loads of cash :)

A

Alrindel

It still wouldn't cover the loads of cash we have to spend to become 650+ smiths.

S

SFXman

Yeah well... still glad that some do go high in crafting since PC items rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom