Probs burning CD's

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Ello.

Got a TEAC DVD-RW about 4 months ago and its basically a Pioneer 106 clone or something.

Anyway its been fine and I've been using it with Nero 6. Recently though it won't let me burn CD's. I've specifically been trying to burn Audio CD's. It gets to the Burn CD screen and tries to initialize then I get an error message, something like - Failed to Initialize, this could be due to a defective disc.

Now I know its not even trying to access the drive itself nevermind the disc, there's no noise, nothing. The other Nero 6 apps don't seem to fully recognise the drive either. They all register its there but for instance the Speed Test program refuses to start too.

Grrrrr, any ideas?

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I had the sample problem when I replaced my old HP CD-RW drive with a DVD-RW drive. Nero wouldn't recognise my drive, but would copy stuff fine.

Uninstalling Nero, and then installing it did the trick for me

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
It's a long shot, but when you installed Nero, did you select for it to create a "new" drive, specifically for writing?

Because when i messed around with Nero last, it used the created drive to write stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom