Problems

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I can't believe what a steaming pile of shite they have released. Several guys in our office have bought BF2, non of them are still playing it. It's a shame because it could be so good.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
~Yuckfou~ said:
I can't believe what a steaming pile of shite they have released. Several guys in our office have bought BF2, non of them are still playing it. It's a shame because it could be so good.

It is good when you're actually playing it. Its the account server and browser that suck ass, which is an irritant but wouldn't stop me playing. Of course its not working right now because of this hack, so I assume that's why no-one can login at the moment, they're fixing it. Now you could argue EA suck because there's an exploit that could be hacked, but software isn't bulletproof and this hacker just sounds like a twat to me who's ruining people's enjoyment just to have a pop at EA. This kind of "I've found an exploit, fix it or I'll use it" bullshit is like burning down your house because you don't like the curtains.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
DaGaffer said:
Now you could argue EA suck because there's an exploit that could be hacked, but software isn't bulletproof and this hacker just sounds like a twat to me who's ruining people's enjoyment just to have a pop at EA. This kind of "I've found an exploit, fix it or I'll use it" bullshit is like burning down your house because you don't like the curtains.

I concur.

I think having accounts etc. for BF was a bad idea from the beginning though. They should've just kept it the way it was for BF1942 and BFV and none of this would be happening now. Leave the stats, ranks etc. for Planetside imo. They do nothing for me.

DaGaffer

Dillinja said:
I concur.

I think having accounts etc. for BF was a bad idea from the beginning though. They should've just kept it the way it was for BF1942 and BFV and none of this would be happening now. Leave the stats, ranks etc. for Planetside imo. They do nothing for me.

In hindsight you're probably right, but I do like the ranking system, it gives a bit of a sense of achievment and it gives me a nice buzz when I get a medal or an ribbon or something as well as reaching a rank/weapon unlock (childish I know, but there you go :)). You can understand why they did it, but it would probably have been better (for us) if you had to log-in if you wanted to play ranked, but didn't if you wanted to play unranked. The reason why EA won't have done that is because the Account server is a useful anti-piracy tool; 1942 and BF:V had loads of 'cracked' servers running, its trickier with BF2.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I personally found it more interesting to have all the weapons unlocked.....the ironic thing is that some of the unlocked weapons seem worse than the standard ones.

PS Knowing EA/DICE I think you're right too Dillinja.

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
Not just me with this problem then, i've already had a fair few problems with the drivers, then theres the server browser. :mad:

I hear other people have the connection error message when connecting to servers, but when i get that it kills my entire connection so i end up resetting my wireless card a few times. Tad wee bit annoying :mad:

Penguin.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
What I find particularly lame is that rather than just failing to log in, it hung and refused to timeout/let me cancel. Had to reboot the pc because I couldn't end the process since it wouldn't let me alt-tab either.

Shit software :\

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
Same here, real pain. I tried a few times too because of my other recent problems at first i thought it was just me :p

DaGaffer

nath said:
What I find particularly lame is that rather than just failing to log in, it hung and refused to timeout/let me cancel. Had to reboot the pc because I couldn't end the process since it wouldn't let me alt-tab either.

Shit software :\

Me too. I managed to alt/tab the first time I tried, but then in true Homer Simpson style I tried to log in again :rolleyes: and the whole thing hung. Couldn't even use the off switch, had to unplug :eek6:

nath

Fledgling Freddie
AFAIK you can always use the off switch, if it doesn't work when you press it once hold it down and it'll work. Pressing it once sends a signal to shut down the computer safely, holding it down overrides that.

DaGaffer

nath said:
AFAIK you can always use the off switch, if it doesn't work when you press it once hold it down and it'll work. Pressing it once sends a signal to shut down the computer safely, holding it down overrides that.

I know. I held it down. It didn't work. :(

nath

Fledgling Freddie
That is weird - just goes to show how fucked up the software is :\

Embattle

FH is my second home
They now seem to be working....just logged in.

Athan

Resident Freddy
Ah yes, for a company that can make a game with effectively lots of multitasking going on it DICE REALLY suck at making other bits play nicely.

Still, I manage 'cos I have dual monitors and have set Task Manager to pop up on the 2nd so I can End Task things :D.

-Ath

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom