Problems with opentransit

bashir

Fledgling Freddie
It seems to me more and more people get problems playing daoc without going LD these days. Myself included. I used to never go LD with my ISP in Belgium, "Telenet", but lately I go LD too much to just let this be a coincidence.

I run pingplotter from morning till night, and the data always goes fine, until it reaches Opentransit. I asked a GM ingame what I should do, and he answered GOA cant do much about it. I asked "who can?" and he gave me Opentransit email contact (noc@opentransit.net). I sent the pingplotter logs over to them, only to receive an answer like this;

"Hello,

We don't find your customer reference in our database.
Can you deal this matter directly with your ISP?

Best regards."

Now imo this is bullsh*t, the problems are NOT with Telenet, since the ping , dataloss etc is very good (no packageloss, ping around 7-10). You can clearly see the problems are on opentransit.

Is there anyone else having this problem? And what can we do about this?

PS : Yesterday I went LD 6 times in 30 minutes, so I logged and missed my ML10 Raid. GG OpenTransit!

Below a screen of today's situation. Not as bad as yesterday, but still unacceptable.

today.JPG

Mairghead

Fledgling Freddie
I've also tried to take the issue up with BT Broadband, but their rather predictable answer was that unless it was a hop covered by their specific service and preventing me from accessing the internet, then it wasn't their problem. If I can get onto the internet pages beautifully but LD every 2nd second from DAoC, all the time because of spikes on the same OpenTransit hop, BT of course can't and won't do a thing.

Is this one of those scenarios where every provider passes the buck and the consumer falls through the loophole? Getting pretty annoying to say the least.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
You could ask both your ISP and GoA to forward the complaint to OpenTransit (give them that email address). OpenTransit is GoA's client and your ISP's colleague.

bashir

Fledgling Freddie
update: it seems that it is as bad as yesterday again.

today2.jpg

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Mairghead said:
Is this one of those scenarios where every provider passes the buck and the consumer falls through the loophole?
Yup

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom