Problems with my connection..

psy

Fledgling Freddie
Hi, i have some problems with my connection. It seems to log off all my internet programs every 20 minutes or so. I have adsl and windows XP what could my problem be?

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
possible virus ensure you have windows patched up to date and run a virus checker.

also make sure your firewall is up to date (don't use the crappy one in xp get zonealarm if you don't have another one)

if all else fails reinstall xp.

also try this:
http://www.dachshundsoftware.com/index.html

i run anticrash, hare and zoom and it makes thing run nicely. the programs also sort out your registry and the drivers (so they run on a need only basis so you have more system resources).

there are plenty of places to find "copies of the full version" on the net as the trial only runs for 20 trys.

(btw don't bother with battery doubler (unless you have a laptop) and juggle mouse)

also a lil tip don't have anticrash enabled when running DAoC it keeps trying to fix it and fails

remember serials 2000 are your friend http://www.serialz.to/s2kupdates.html

Easdown

Fledgling Freddie
ive got the same problem its been hapenning for months now usually i get disconnected a couple of times a day and sometimes no says at all, usually happens when im zoning but today after installing toa ive been disconnected over 10 times in one day, its not just with daoc, im sure it only happens when my comp' is doing loading something, i tried connecting to the internet when i was installing toa earlier and i couldnt stay on for over a minute it just kept on disconnecting me :(

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
I got Windows ME and theres an option in Dial up Networking for disconnecting if theres no activity. It happens to be set to 20 minutes by default. I need to turn it off to stay connected to the game.

Having said that, tonight is my first night of ToA and I have been randomly disconnected a few times. Not just from ToA but from my internet connection as well, I am hoping it's just my ISP and not ToA.

Sigh

Fledgling Freddie
Gibbo said:
Having said that, tonight is my first night of ToA and I have been randomly disconnected a few times. Not just from ToA but from my internet connection as well, I am hoping it's just my ISP and not ToA.

me to ;<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom