Problems with GoA..

I've never had any problems with GoA.. but now i've got a few..

Yesterday I was scammed 1.5p on hibernia /Excalibur by Aidro/Chaira, so I send a report to GoA.. so I wait a awhile to recieve the auto response mail.. but don't get it. After awhile I check my old hotmail email address and I have about 3 GoA incident reports ( I thought they just ignored the rest >< )

So I check my account details on my subscription part and it has my new correct email address, I had recieved billing emails in the correct address, just not rightnow emails. So I send an email to Rightnow saying they're using the wrong address.

Now I got a email in my correct email address saying my subscription has been renewed.. which I shouldn't have because I haven't had it on auto renewel for about a year. ( as I never have any money in my account ) So I check the account details where it gives you the option to auto renewel but it doesn't let me because it says "An invoice is currently in process". Which it shoudln't be because that was 14hrs ago.

I'm looking around my account information and see in personal information that is says I live in Albania....how odd.. I thought I lived in Wales...and all my technical information has been reset.

So I kinda got scammed twice in one day, 1 by GoA and some small penis kiddie.

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
You got an auto response as everyone does. This lets you know they have received your report.
You are not likely to get a response of any other kind till Monday, as they dont work weekends.
The response you are likely to get is : "You pressed accept. All player transactions are final."
Unless he actually hacked the account and transferred the plat in which case its "All players are reminded never to give out their passwords, and ensure that they have a firewall and virus scanner running."

frogster said:
You got an auto response as everyone does. This lets you know they have received your report.
You are not likely to get a response of any other kind till Monday, as they dont work weekends.
The response you are likely to get is : "You pressed accept. All player transactions are final."
Unless he actually hacked the account and transferred the plat in which case its "All players are reminded never to give out their passwords, and ensure that they have a firewall and virus scanner running."

Yeah but the auto responce and everything sent form rightnow is being sent to the wrong email.

So nothing will be done about the scammer? I don't care about getting the money back I just don't won't him to have my money because i'm a silly trusting fool. Pretty dumb if they don't do anything about scammers.. it will just bring more scammers about because they know that nothing will be done to them.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
They do investigate scammers in case they're using hacked accounts. But as for the scamming itself.. well.. the community kind of deals with that. Don't trade with people you don't know, and if a known person scams you, be sure to tell all your friends. Other than that there's not much they can do about it, because how do you prove that you were actually scammed?

As for the email address thing, do you happen to have a buffbot or a second account?

Daedalus said:
They do investigate scammers in case they're using hacked accounts. But as for the scamming itself.. well.. the community kind of deals with that. Don't trade with people you don't know, and if a known person scams you, be sure to tell all your friends. Other than that there's not much they can do about it, because how do you prove that you were actually scammed?

As for the email address thing, do you happen to have a buffbot or a second account?

Nope, only one account.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
When you submit or update a RightNow report there is a box in which you can specify the email address you'd like replies returned to. When you change your email address in the subs page it doesn't change in RightNow.
As for the subs details, it sounds as though you either haven't changed the details since the subs system was rejigged earlier this year or it's been reset. All personal details except for name and address were cleared. Albania is just the first country in the list so it's the default if nothing else is specified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom