Problems with daoc on a laptop

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
i got a 2,8ghz 728ram Fujitsu-simens amilo lap and daoc runs quite smooth at most places exept i keep crashing on some places in SI and a few places in TOA (aerus ml5 dungeon and a few more) and i just cant understand why :<
anyone else got the same problem? or knows how to fix it.

Gamah

Banned
judas said:
i got a 2,8ghz 728ram Fujitsu-simens amilo lap and daoc runs quite smooth at most places exept i keep crashing on some places in SI and a few places in TOA (aerus ml5 dungeon and a few more) and i just cant understand why :<
anyone else got the same problem? or knows how to fix it.

What graphics is it running?

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
hmm havent checked the error will do next time.
the gfx card is a Intel 82845G with 64meg (think some is shared with the ram somehow) its somewere near a gf2 or gf2 mx in preformance.

SirDystic

Fledgling Freddie
Turn off TOA reflective water....

I used to have similar problems on my laptop. I turned everything to lowest settings (Max performance), then tried it and it was fine, then 1 at a time added other settings until I found the one that broke it. For me the TOA water was the spoiler.

Just my experience anyway...

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
As someone suggested tone down gfx details and the like.

I run daoc on 2 laptops with no problems whatsoever. neither laptop has as much ram or as powefull a CPU as yours and only 1 has a better gfx card. But i do run in wanky graphics mode :/ it's the trade off for getting away from lan parties in 4mins flat :)

Kalid

Fledgling Freddie
You can also see if increasing/decreasing the AGP texture size (in BIOS) could help you.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
well i have no problems to dual log tho im using lowest possibel gfx.
works in all old world places but only crash at some places in SI and toa.
will try the BIOS thingy. what does that actualy do btw?

Gamias

Fledgling Freddie
have the same place havent found how to fix it ... Crashes @ goth ml2.10 ml3.10 ml 5 as ur in the easter side of meso also and some other plaes to that i have to make cyrcle each time to avoid the LD crash... If u ever find the solution plz post it its really annoying :wij:

Aeatan

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I was having crashes in Doom III (P4 2.6ghz, 1gb ram DDR2700, ATI Mobility9 (9000 with ddr ram)), and found that my laptop was getting extremely hot. It's kind of hot around here, so I just put a big fan on the place where the videochipset is and since then I don't have any problems anymore :-0

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom