Problems with 1.57 please make the patch for SI 1.58 instead

G

Gallak

- We fixed a bug where you could have a difficult time picking to select monster in dungeons or in front of objects.

- Damage adds are now clamped to be the maximum possible damage you could have done in a swing rather than the actual damage done (which was subject to randomness). This will allow those classes that have damage-adds but cannot spec in weapons (i.e. clerical classes) to once again be able to use damage-adds to help them solo monsters.

- When a player in a group casts an AE damage spell, it no longer puts everyone in the group into combat. This will mean that abilities such as Mystic Crystal Lore will now "work" the way they did previously.

All these are fairly major bugs, damage add especially, which I believe are introduced in 1.56/1.57. There are other fixes as well such as pet LOS issues, but they are something we live with now anyway so this isn't as important to me.
The thought of my Aug healer, who's gone aug spec specifically for the damage add in order to solo yellows, or for skalds who's major role in a group being broken appalls me.
If there's not too much translation involved could GOA see their way to going to 1.58 instead of 1.57 in time for the release of SI? Or at least bring these bug fixes ahead with Mythic's help?

R

Ragnarok1978

Agree :) Did you try PM'ing this to Kemor tho? Might be worth a shot as well, I'd sure be unhappy if we have to go 2+ months with these bugs while waiting for next update.

J

Jiggs

agree 1.57>1.58 cant be that much of a jump, only have to translate the new dragon respec stuff and thats it i think.

D

Draylor

Yeah - that would be a great idea :(

Release the expansion with the line-of-sight changes that appear to make necromancers (and other new pet classes?) virtually unplayable.

The first and third "problems" you list are very minor issues at best, and the dmg-add issue doesnt have any effect on a skald in a standard group.

Yes its a real problem for aug-healers and smite-clerics (well the few smite clerics that still exist), but 1.58 doesnt look any better at all.

G

Gallak

Unplayable in what way? Pets will need LOS to cast spells, this is bad how?

B

Brannor McThife

1.57 is what is required for SI. 1.58 has only just been released in the US. With SI release only just over 1.5 months away, and the fact that 1.58 has low content (i.e. translation), I don't see them even considering it.

1.57 for SI.
1.58 sometime after that.

-G

K

klavrynd

<snip> and the fact that 1.58 has low content (i.e. translation), I don't see them even considering it.

I think that low content and better gameplay would tilt the balance to them considering it rather then not considering but hey, who am i?

D

Draylor

Originally posted by Gallak
Unplayable in what way? Pets will need LOS to cast spells, this is bad how?

If you can stand the standard whining take a look at the US boards about this. Various screenshots of the necros pet being attacked in melee and yet getting the "no line of sight" message convinces me its too bugged to bother with.

Shame really - looked like a fun class.

O

old.Zorewin

they should release si with the 157 then
they should wait till the 159 or 160 till the damn los is fixed and then patched that

G

Gallak

Hmmm had no idea they'd manage to break LOS while implementing it. Maybe its the same problem as with caster classes, I get the feeling LOS is based from the feet instead of the body/eyes from problems I've had with my Healer, but maybe that's just me... How about a halfway house GOA? Keep the damage add fix for the bug thats implemented in the patch, But not introduce pet LOS until that's fixed too. I think they did something similar with spellcrafting and cloaks by what I've heard on the forums.

A

Aeternus

forget 1-58, i dont wanna wait 2 more weeks for SI just cause someone wants a couple fixes that will be done in time anyway.
They made a deadline to get 1-57 out during the SI release week.
1-58 just got out, doubt Mythic has even put together the files for goa yet...
Patching for 1-58 before SI would slow down the release and make them change the release date, no way they will do that.

P

pcentella

I don't think they have much time to patch to more patches than the neededful ones before SI. I don't see that ones as major bugs either anyway.

G

Gallak

Its not as much a bug as its something they break that is currently working in the EU version, its basically a mistaken nerf for Aug Healers and other classes dependent on damage add to survive that gets fixed in a patch that in the US was supposed to be implemented a week later.
It would be horrible to have a class reduced by a bug that gets fixed just 1 patch after the one they plan to implement :(

G

Gallak

OK don't add 1.58 stuff, just don't implement the bug in 1.56/7 that causes this... there even less work for em ;)

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Gallak
[B- When a player in a group casts an AE damage spell, it no longer puts everyone in the group into combat. This will mean that abilities such as Mystic Crystal Lore will now "work" the way they did previously. [/B]

This isn't a new bug its in the game at the moment (AE puts whole group in combat - no runspeed/stealthing etc). The only difference is MCL is changed to how it should work, which is outside combat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom