Problems Switching between characters

S

squalion

hey, does anyone get the problem where when you switch chars daoc wont load up passed the loading screen?

i log onto my ranger, then switch tomy druid and it starts loading, the load bar gets full, i hear the music playing etc, and then it wont load and then i gotta reboot, anyone got this same problem?

my pc specs are

amd XP 3000
256 ATI Radeon 9200SE gfx card
512 DDR Ram

anyone help pls? :(

Z

Zagantia

I have the same problem Squalion.

Are you using Virgin Broadband by any chance?

S

squalion

firewall has allowed daoc to connect, ive made sure, and no, im useing BT BB zaga mate

Z

Zagantia

Originally posted by squalion
and no, im useing BT BB zaga mate

Ah, never mind then. Think mine is down to poor performance from my isp. Virgin BB has been excellent since last December but performance has gone downhill since end of August and I believe its that not allowing me past the full bar on the loading screen sometimes.

C

ChillyDawg

sounds like it may well be a GFX problem if your hearing music, have you tried to testign to see whether you actually in game and people can PM you, ring up a RL friend or something and get himt o pm you while trying to log in and see whether your there in body as well as spirit :)

If so, its almost certainly a gfx problem and you should go update all your gfx drivers and stuff or look at one of the many threads in the BW tech forum about gfx etc and see whether theres any issues with your specific card.

hope that helps

Chilly

O

old.Vae

I have the same problem changing chars - Zonealarm and blueyonder broadband. Sometimes I can change chars fine other times I stop at the loading screen. The char is actually in game because I can see it from my other char on different computer. Alt tab and Ctrl-alt-delete don't work. But if I Ctrl-Alt-Delete and hit enough buttons I can sometimes get it to drop back to desktop upon which I can go back into Daoc and use the char fine.

B

Blackstuff

I get this problem occasionally and found a fix that worked for me (but not for all) a few months ago somewhere in this section.

Apparently its something to do with my firewall requesting authority to connect and this is 'hidden' below the log-in screen.

I simply have to press return 1/2 times and hey presto the log-in completes and i play on.

Hope this works for you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread