Problems patching

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
Hello I don't normally post this kind of question but hoping I can pull on peoples advice. I have installed Daoc and SI on my work pc but fail to do the update. When running the game it starts to patch gets to about 80% and then fails to responde. The Daoc tech page isnt helping much, any ideas ?

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
tell me what's in your update.dat file plz and I'll see if I can help.

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic Patch
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat

[GOA]Erivoss

Alhanna said:
Mythic Patch

ok make sure it looks like the following and try again:

Mythic Patch

(so yes, you copy the line twice).

edit: and make sure you have no spaces after any of the lines.

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
ok I did that still no good.

The update starts gets about half way the speed of the download slows and then the program stops responding.

The machine is at work is a PIII 800 running xp with 1 gig of memory. The office people tell me I am on a 100 meg lan cable and the internet connection is 155 meg stm 1. (All Dutch to me)

Other programs I use on the pc that use the internet are fine.

Hope this helps?

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
You can start telling me where you work, being allowed to install games and all, me wants! :)

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
Ok well I guess ill have to work. It was really to craft abit while at work.

[GOA]Erivoss

ok well I have no problems here but as there are several login servers and patch servers there might be a problem with one of them being out of sync. This would also mean that you have been extremely unlucky as when you run the patcher you randomly connect to one of several patchers (and you would seem to have connected to the same one over and over again).

In any case I've asked for a diagnostic and a resynchronisation and will let you know as soon as the admins get back to me.

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
Ok can you download the patches without doing it via the game? To say can I download patch and then run it or must it always be done by game loader?

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Alhanna said:
Ok can you download the patches without doing it via the game? To say can I download patch and then run it or must it always be done by game loader?

Dont know if this helps in anyway at all, but back when NF was released on live servers, I took my main ToA-folder, added NF to it and tried to patch, without any luck, couldnt be done.

Each time it did like you descripe and froze when on 80% or so of the complete download, at a specific file each time (mdfire_sfx.nif) and I had to shut down the patcher by using the ctrl+alt+del function in Windows.

Then I took my NF folder, which I had used on Gorre, altered the patch-path back to normal servers and the update went fine and I was able to play.

Any chance your patcher is also freezing at that specific file, as that would give GOA a decent chance to find the error then.

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
Thank you for that, my patcher can freeze from 39% upto 80% on Camelot.exe. I really dont see any hope for this. I could reinstall the game but don't think this would help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom