Problems in-game (freezes, crashes)

Afran

Part of the furniture
After coming back from a holiday I quit WoW and started to play GuildWars, after a week of playing GW I decided to come back to WoW.

Well anyway, when I login to WoW, everything is fine. But when I choose to play a character, after about 3 seconds of playing everything freezes for about 7 seconds. It does this roughly every 5 seconds, until after about 5-6 freezes my computer crashes. I managed to run it fine lastnight after restarting my computer a few times, but just before I logged off it froze again. I don't have a clue what the cause of the problem is, but I didn't have it before I went away.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Afran said:
After coming back from a holiday I quit WoW and started to play GuildWars, after a week of playing GW I decided to come back to WoW.

Well anyway, when I login to WoW, everything is fine. But when I choose to play a character, after about 3 seconds of playing everything freezes for about 7 seconds. It does this roughly every 5 seconds, until after about 5-6 freezes my computer crashes. I managed to run it fine lastnight after restarting my computer a few times, but just before I logged off it froze again. I don't have a clue what the cause of the problem is, but I didn't have it before I went away.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

i had this problem :) check your hard drive sint corrupt (mine wasnt) and then check your processor is still fine etc, for me, i made my cpu go BOOM :D getting a new processor and shit fixing it :)

Mysticrose

Fledgling Freddie
If this happened since last patch, and if you use addons then that can cause problems. You need to update them properly.
Also if you use cosmos then turn the ''sky'' addon off, quite alot of folks didn't have problems anymore after they did this.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Mysticrose said:
If this happened since last patch, and if you use addons then that can cause problems. You need to update them properly.
Also if you use cosmos then turn the ''sky'' addon off, quite alot of folks didn't have problems anymore after they did this.
Don't use any addons or custom UIs :/

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
try deleting your savedvariables.lua anyhow, can't hurt I guess

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
but instead, just rename it. If it isn't the problem, rename it back.

Any chance of it being a heat issue? CPU/gfx card.......-_-

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Darksword said:
i had this problem :) check your hard drive sint corrupt (mine wasnt) and then check your processor is still fine etc, for me, i made my cpu go BOOM :D getting a new processor and shit fixing it :)

A corrupt hard drive made your CPU break?

....what?

Afran

Part of the furniture
I'm reinstalling atm hoping that will work, doubt it though.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Nope, re-installing didn't work.

Asha said:
try deleting your savedvariables.lua anyhow, can't hurt I guess

As that's done automatically when you re-install WoW, that didn't work either. :(

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
ST^ said:
A corrupt hard drive made your CPU break?

....what?

i specificly said in nice brackets "mine isnt" - my hard drive Wasn't corrupt, thats what i thought it was, turns out i had just broken my cpu as i said :p

Afran

Part of the furniture
Really have no clue what it can be - gone over everything I would've thought the problem was. So annoying :twak:

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Download ati-tool, then use the test for artifact/sparkles thing in it, this pushes your gfx card to it's limits(no it doesn't damage it) and you can see there if your gfx card is messed up.I think it could be the case here or does it only happen in wow?

If you do not wish to use ati-tool then download 3d mark 2003 and let it run a few times in a row see if it crashes or slows down on any tests then it will most likely be gfx card as 3d mark 2003 is very gfx card related(though it can also be memory settings too).It could be other things than this afran(power supply unit, cpu voltage wrong, overheating on components, fsb too high, drivers etc) if i saw it in person i would know more likely what it is. xE

Afran

Part of the furniture
Sycho said:
Download ati-tool, then use the test for artifact/sparkles thing in it, this pushes your gfx card to it's limits(no it doesn't damage it) and you can see there if your gfx card is messed up.I think it could be the case here or does it only happen in wow?

If you do not wish to use ati-tool then download 3d mark 2003 and let it run a few times in a row see if it crashes or slows down on any tests then it will most likely be gfx card as 3d mark 2003 is very gfx card related(though it can also be memory settings too).It could be other things than this afran(power supply unit, cpu voltage wrong, overheating on components, fsb too high, drivers etc) if i saw it in person i would know more likely what it is. xE
Yes it's only happening in WoW, everything else runs fine :/ I'll get my brother to have a look at the BIOS at cpu voltage and stuff, though I have been told it's most likely a WoW bug or the fact I don't have service pack 2, still using sp1 (reason I haven't got sp2 _yet_ is because my bro said it fucked his computer up and he had to reformat when he installed it)

Afran

Part of the furniture
Nothing wrong with any BIOS settings, sent an e-mail directly to blizzard support, guess I'll just wait a few years for a responce :eek:

Unless I can get any more help here xD

Evergrey

Fledgling Freddie
Its 95% your network card thats causing the freezing after login, i had the exact same problem (had a NETGEAR something) and it took me weeks to figure out :eek: i even bought moore RAM cause i thought it had something to do with it (but it doesnt)

it mainly frooze in the main citys loading all the people and stuffs

just a opinion since my friend had the same problem, bought a new card and solved it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom