problems, can't play online

O

old.Mig

lo all
everytime i try to connect to some server it always happens the same thing:
I connect and when i'm about to start playing it just heads back to main menu.
anyone got an idea ? single player works fine.
ta in advance

w2k, patch 127h

W

Wij

Oooh. Mig playing Q3 ?? :)

Anyway, check the console for msgs. Apart from that I haven't heard of anything similar...

N

Nibbler

That's happened to me too Mig, but not on every server.

C

Chameleon

I assume its not a mod like ra3 or wfa that you dont have the most recent patches for?
Also, have you messed about with new textures, skins, or anything else in pak files that might be being detected as unpure to a sv_pure 1 server?

O

old.FlameTop

Its always worth trying '/cl_allowdownload 1' just incase the server is running OSP etc and you dont have the latest version.

FT

O

old.Mig

Originally posted by Wij
Oooh. Mig playing Q3 ?? :)

hehhehe Wij :)

I haven't messed up with any textures or what so ever.

FT: where can i find that file u talking about ?

W

Wij

OSP will download automatically (just like CSHP does in UT) When you connect to a server running it. Just make sure you type :-

/cl_allowdownload 1

into the console before you try to connect.

They also mentioned checking that the server ur trying to connect to is not running a mod of some sort. I know u know what that means m8 :D

C

Chameleon

Yeah '/cl_allowdownload 1' can cause problems sometimes, so ppl suggest setting it to '0' (off), i.e. I think if you try to join an ra3 server which has custom maps on it, which arent even in the map cycle, it will try and download them to you, even if a standard map is running (which is prolly what the function should do, but is annoying), plus some systems seem to have problems downloading osp amongst other things. However, unless you are sure you have all the required files, setting to '1' may correct the problem IF the function works properly.

Ch@m

N

Nibbler

Yes...indeed...ah ha.....ho hum....

...Sorry, just tryin 2 get my posts up 2 100! Take no notice of me!...

O

old.FlameTop

Originally posted by Mig

FT: where can i find that file u talking about ? [/B]

The latest 'greatest' OSP should always be available from the barrys FTP. Look in Quake3/mods or some such dir.

FT

PS. Oh and refresh a few times, a new version may have tuened up while you were downloading it :)

W

Wij

Yeh. That happens with CSHP too but cheats keep coming and someone needs to fix em :)

O

old.Mig

well problem solved :)
cl_allowdownload 1 <--- it worked ( after loads and loads of downloads )

tks all
now i just have to worrie with super lpb's with rail.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom