problem with shar animations underwater.

Espen

Banned
ok i tried RN... ofc they couldnt help other then the standard "reinstall drivers" stuff.. so ill try here.. :)

i have a shar vampiir... every other character in catacombs skin works perfectly.. both over and under water... but as soon as my shar vampiir is in catamode and on / under water he gets all messed up... on top of the water he looks like lil baby jesus where he is standing in permanent glideposition even when standing still..

and under water he can swim but when fighting the animations are very choppy/bugged.. it freezes in positions + doing double animations. making fighting mobs very difficult.. i have tried deleting the char.ini file + also deleted the "anims" folder since they told me the character animations would be in there.. anyone got a clue to what is wrong?

(i cant reinstall daoc because i downloaded it through the patcher).. so any tips / hints to what i can try would be appreciated :)

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Also same thing with my vamp, and my friends have same things with theres, so i doubt its on your side sounds like its just a bug needing fixed perhaps.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
To sum it up, don't play a fotm class they are all bugged in one way or the other. :twak:

Espen

Banned
i wrote to RN about it and got told this was MY fault... can maybe requiel or zenythe or that other guy come with a statement?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Firstly it's not a universal problem. Your report is the only one we've recieved on this problem, if there were a geenral problem with Shar or Vampiir animations I'd expect to have heard more about it. Also we tested your character and could not replicate the bug you reported. Short freezes followed by double animations sounds to me like a lag issue and not a animation issue. For some reason, underwater situations are always laggier than on land and so a problem that isn't noticeable in most situations becomes an issue. I'd recommend checking your graphics drivers and network settings.

Espen

Banned
Requiel said:
Firstly it's not a universal problem. Your report is the only one we've recieved on this problem, if there were a geenral problem with Shar or Vampiir animations I'd expect to have heard more about it. Also we tested your character and could not replicate the bug you reported. Short freezes followed by double animations sounds to me like a lag issue and not a animation issue. For some reason, underwater situations are always laggier than on land and so a problem that isn't noticeable in most situations becomes an issue. I'd recommend checking your graphics drivers and network settings.
well when ive played daoc for years... playing with same setup and on all other chars... both mid/hib AND alb chartypes works PERFECTLY under water... how can that be?

Espen

Banned
Outlander said:
Also same thing with my vamp, and my friends have same things with theres, so i doubt its on your side sounds like its just a bug needing fixed perhaps.
<---

seems like its others like me with this problem...

Outlander

Part of the furniture
well I know my friends have all had this, the stuff Ive had is usually just concerning water sometimes it cant decide if im swimming or hovering. Dunno if that part is working as intended just silly sometimes i surface and am swimming other times i surface and am hovering, regardless of speed. Anyways just saying Ive had that although it really doesnt bother me 2 bits :)

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Requiel said:

I also have the same problem where fighting under water i get a double animation for a styled hit. I also have read about this bug on the VN Vampiir forums. It does need fixing because its dificult to time your styles.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
fraps it and send it in

if you have those 3 coloured balls you can see if they all green or if the far right (pc lag i think) is causing the issue

requiels argument is based on assumption. ok he is not saying this is 100% the case but if you rule that out he has to find alternative answers

just a thought

Espen

Banned
ok i downloaded and ran fraps.. recorded a quick fight .. and the file is 127 MB... how can i make it smaller? Oo

Lestat

Fledgling Freddie
delete old graphic's driver+directX and download the newest.. If you just download then install right ahead, you'll still have some old driverfiles messing up some stuff. Fx I could'nt enter quake3 back in the days, before I knew about this.. Then I did a formatC: and installed all new and clean, wich worked.. But dont format, just go controlpanel and remove old driver's for your graphics(and dx).

Espen

Banned

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Have same problem with my vampiir. Just never saw it worth reporting

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
I've seen this happen on my scout too in Lyonesse.

I was doing /surrender and /hood at the same time to fake me taking off my hood. The surrender animation looped twice.

Larc

Fledgling Freddie
Happens on my celt vampiir underwater too, read about this bug on VN, mythic still hasn't fixed it.

Espen

Banned
so as i can see here.. its not only my problems since so many others have it.. so req... will there be a fix for this?

soze

I am a FH squatter
If more people report it to right now im sure goa will have to fix the problem or send info to mythic how ever it works.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
vamps are supposed to glide above the water, as for the fight animations, it just looks like lag to me, have you tried re-installing your graphics drivers?

Espen

Banned
Raven said:
vamps are supposed to glide above the water, as for the fight animations, it just looks like lag to me, have you tried re-installing your graphics drivers?
did you see the 3 bubbles i put in the MIDDLE of the screen for you? it means GREEN on all three.. no lag.. even with fraps running wich always kills fps some...

Espen

Banned
Raven said:
and if youre watching the water thing.. its not supposed to be like that.. BECAUSE IM STANDING COMPLETELY STILL!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
yes, you wouldnt expect them to just stand on water as if on land, that would look even sillier than floating above water, as for graphics lag, it doenst always show up in the perf meter. If it was a universal bug everyone would have had it, therefore its a hardware/software issue client side. What graphics card do you use? which driver version?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
and there is no need for hostility, if you ask for peoples help/ideas dont jump down thier throat when they offer advise/ideas, you wont get very far with that attitude.

Espen

Banned
Raven said:
and there is no need for hostility, if you ask for peoples help/ideas dont jump down thier throat when they offer advise/ideas, you wont get very far with that attitude.
well if it was drivers / lag it would apply on all characters.. it dont.. its JUST shar vampiirs.. and about the "jesus" position.. if it was meant to be like that.. why did xalin and requiel say that they saw me lyin down in the water / swimming?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Espen said:
well if it was drivers / lag it would apply on all characters.. it dont.. its JUST shar vampiirs.. and about the "jesus" position.. if it was meant to be like that.. why did xalin and requiel say that they saw me lyin down in the water / swimming?

pretty straight forward really, it worked fine on thier system (pc) it works fine on most peoples PCs, ergo the problem lies with a particuler system/driver set. i doubt they would set up a system just like yours to test it, you will need to report your system specs to them and they can cross referance with other reports and speak with Mythic. Just saying "WTF???? my vamp floats!!!!!11" isnt much help to GOA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom