Problem with Proxy

lutus

Fledgling Freddie
When TOA comes, my proxy connection to Daoc stopped working :( You got login to servers, choose server and bang - daoc is closing. Nothing more

Im ( hmm was ) using SocksCap as a gateway, cause my home inet connection isnt too good.

Anyone any ideas how to fix it?

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
As far as I know, the patch, login and game servers all use different ports. 1280 for patch, 10500 for login, 10622 for game server. I believe you need to make sure the gateway is forwarding those ports to your own machine - I would guess the game server is being blocked for some reason. Are you still able to connect to game servers with an SI client?

At least, those are the ports for Prydwen.

Mordyn

Fledgling Freddie
Have this problem as well ..... use a 2nd machine for running another account ... but my ISP is AOL so I can't share my connection... prior to 1.67 had been using a Proxy/SocksCap ...... from what I gather it's something todo with cheat prevention mainly radar hacks....

There is a brief faq on the rightnow database ... but looks as if it's more geared towards firewalls:

Question
How do you play with a router/firewall/proxy ?

Answer
To play with a router/firewall/proxy, you have to :

In TCP :
Open the IP class : 193.252.123.xxx
Open the ports : 1280, 10500, 10501, 10502, 10503, 10504, 10622, 10623, 10624.

In UDP :
All of the ports UDP must be opened.

maybe it means something to you :)

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
AOsmelL, as far as I'm aware, do not allow connection sharing of any shape or form - at least on Broadband connections.

But yep, makes sense, and I was almost right :p

Port forwarding is your friend.

Mordyn

Fledgling Freddie
I've tried to set up my proxy software ( ezProxy http://www.lavasoftware.net/ ) to use TCP/IP maps & UDP maps.... then altering the DAoC .dat's to point to them, but not had much luck ...
getting 404 Error's , and from all accounts it seems I have to open ALL the UDP port's ... not just the one's the TCP/IP's need .... :eek6: which would be impossible/very hard to do with my proxy software :(

So i'm in abit of a bind... i've explored other methods ie, setting up a Software Router .... but these don't seem to work with AOL :/

I've sent a Email to the US Support chaps hope'ing they can help with SocksCap ..... but they may tell me to f/o as SocksCap is propably a violation of the CoC.

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
Mordyn said:
Have this problem as well ..... use a 2nd machine for running another account ... but my ISP is AOL so I can't share my connection... prior to 1.67 had been using a Proxy/SocksCap ...... from what I gather it's something todo with cheat prevention mainly radar hacks....

There is a brief faq on the rightnow database ... but looks as if it's more geared towards firewalls:

Question
How do you play with a router/firewall/proxy ?

Answer
To play with a router/firewall/proxy, you have to :

In TCP :
Open the IP class : 193.252.123.xxx
Open the ports : 1280, 10500, 10501, 10502, 10503, 10504, 10622, 10623, 10624.

In UDP :
All of the ports UDP must be opened.

maybe it means something to you :)

Are there any other ports/ip that need opening to be able to play on excal?

Currently need my uni to reopen some ports .. ;/

Mordyn

Fledgling Freddie
Those are all the only TCP/IP port's camelot needs .... but as for the UDP port's..... i'm stumped .... :(

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
I have exactly same problem. Before 1.67 patch I was able to play using socksCap + cygwin/bash/ssh to play DAoC on my uni network. Since 1.67 no matter if with or without ToA I have exactly same troubles, update goes well, logging ok, then nothing. Instead of game loading it closes itself.
And no way I could talk my uni to open ports. Trying so I was threatened by firing off the school, by words of university representative "doesn't matter whether you have or have not original game,... blah blah..., it's security threat... etc. etc." They don't care every second student here uses tunnel to download illegal software/movies using DC++ etc. but one DAoC is heavy threat.. no comment

Somebody HELP please! European/Excalibur DAoC support f/o me...

Mordyn

Fledgling Freddie
Basically I assume that since 1.67 what's happening is that game.dll ( the bit that really starts camelot ) is detecting that SocksCap or some other application is being used on it and not running ....
So unless mythic allow an option to set up access to a socks port within the camelot program it's self I can't see any luck for us ... as Mythic probably implemented this feature to stop certain Hack programs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom