Problem with laptop and daoc

Y

Yunia

hello everyone :)

i'm facing some seriuos problems with playing on my laptop.
It's an Dell Inspiron 1100.
Been playing on it about a year with it when suddenly i got white screen (not blue screen) half of the screen was reflective and i couldn't see anything. So i send it back to Dell for repairs. Due it was in London for repairs ToA patch was released. So when i got my laptop back i was installing toa and patched.
Ported to goth for the boat to atlantis when my game crashed. No LD or anything, it just shutted itself down, bang - gone. Logged back in and crashed again. Same thing happened over and over so i went to a friend and borrowed his computer to move my char to a "safe spot" (Avalon March).
Well at home i realized that i couldn't play toa. Dunno why, but it crashes everytime and lags as hell.
So i can only play with si client and with that i cannot go toa.
Before i send it in i didn't lag at all, now i lag tons in rvr and a lot in pve. I've put all effects off, all sounds off, clip plane near. Still lags.
So i wanna know if it was the ToA patch that screwed my computer up or if it was Dell who made a terrible work on my laptop.

Happy for answers

poisono

Fledgling Freddie
tbh we wont know just from that, unless people have had similar problems.

Kalid

Fledgling Freddie
Seems to me it's ToA. Dell Inspiron 1100 has (in std configuration) 256 mb memory, min req for ToA is 384 mb. That might cause your problems. ie the swapping to the pagefile makes your game lagalot och simply crash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom