Problem with daoc

Gonz

Fledgling Freddie
Hi,

I have problem with my new computer. The game freezes for about a half second every 2 seconds or so, which makes it impossible to play. My computer specs are:
3.06 ghz processor
1gb ram
256mb ram Radeon x300 grafic card
And thats more than enough for daoc. So do you have any suggestions what to do?

Gonz

Gamah

Banned
Hi you say its a new computer?

Have you downloaded the lastest drivers from the web? as the ones provided on cd's are often outdated, also download the latest direct x 9.0c from microsoft.

Also if you could list the manufactures of your new hardware it would be helpful.

Gamah

Banned
it is odd, I had the same problem with CS:Source..mine was down the the sound drivers.

Also download all the windows updates you can.

Gonz

Fledgling Freddie
Windows is fully updated...

Well everytime it freezes it makes a little click noise, so could be something with the sound thing.

Thanks for the fast answer m8 :)

Gamah

Banned
np, if it freezes and makes a clicking noise try to find out where its comming from, hard drives that "click" is often the first sign of them on thier way out.

Gonz

Fledgling Freddie
The click sound is from the speakers.

PS. I want to duel you again :p

lolblows00

Fledgling Freddie
the click sound happens because the computer is low on memory, so your memory is basically locking when you try to play daoc. Not sure what to do but it could be your video card isn't good enough ebcause DAOC has a much higher vid card reomendation akthough the 300x pci express isn't a bad card, its very low on the cahrt heh. Call up whoever makes your computer and get some support =) :m00:

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
- check your RAM (remove 1 of the RAM pieces at a time and see if it keeps happening)
- check your interrupts... maybe your gfx and your soundcard are sharing an interrupt (dunno if that´s still an issue under win xp systems, used to be a prettys common problem under NT etc.)
- download a diagnosis tool (Sandra SiSoft or whatever) and let it check your hardware

hope that helps

Gonz

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I have direct x installed, but its only in daoc I have the problem. GuildWars and WoW works fine.

Can you explain it in details what I have to do, because Im not that good at hardware :p

Gamah

Banned
Still have the problem eh :<? I'm terrible at finding problems like this with text..I need to have the machine in my hands..sorry bud hope you get it sorted.

Gonz

Fledgling Freddie
I'm using my old comp so not a big problem, but its annoying not being able to play with my new one :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom