Problem patching...

Athinz

Fledgling Freddie
when i patch i either get a 304 error or the update page thingy starts "not responding" and i have to start again.... and i am running on a 28.8k connection but every other patch i have downloaded has been running at a smooth 3kb per sec... why does the program stop responding, please help

Dukat

Resident Freddy
The problem, as far as I can tell, is because there are alot of people downloading the patch at the same time, causing the patcher to run slowly. I can only assume that when it gets too slow, for too long, the patcher decides the connection has been broken and brings up the 304 error.

I have been having the same problem all night, I have been downloading the patch bitesize 5% at a time for around 3 hours. I have a 56k connection, and I suppose that doesnt help.

The way I see it, you(well, we) have three choices. You won't like either, as I dont. One is to try again tomorow night or the night after that, when less people should be trying to download the patch. The second is to keep trying with the 5% at a time method, hoping that things improve. The third (which I would try but can't as I have college tomorow) is to wait untill around 3-4am and try then, when hopefully there will be far less people trying to download the patch and you should be ok, no guarantees though.

Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom