Problem - CD and CDRW drives not detected on boot

N

Nylex

RIght, earlier today, Windows crashed and so I rebooted. Neither my CD drive or CDRW drive were detected and the light just stays on on my CD drive.

As neither were found, it's either got to be a problem with my secondary IDE channel or the cable right? I tried taking the cable out of the socket and reconnecting, but to no avail.

CD drive is an AOpen, CDRW a Lite-On.. not sure of models. My mobo is an ASUS A7V8X-X, with a Duron 800Mhz (I doubt the rest of my specs are needed).

Any help appreciated.

B

Big G

What were you doing prior to this? It seems unlikely a cable problem would be related to a windows crash?

Any more details?

G

S

(Shovel)

Is there a disk in the drive? Do either of the drives get detected during boot up (if you have "boot from CD" enabled in the BIOS).

T

Trem

Go into bios and make sure the secondary is set to auto detect, if it ain't change it to auto. I twill be in the first load of bios stuff, basic bios settings or summat like that.

T

Trem

By the way, I had this on a customers computer, both drives wouldn't work and the light stayed on, I just bought a new one(seeing as he was paying :D), I couldn't suss it out either, that wasn't a windows problem either, he had had a power cut shortly before this happened.

N

Nylex

Big G - I wasn't doing a lot, just browsing.

Shovel - There wasn't a disk in either drive. Again, neither drive gets detected when I boot.

Trem - My secondary IDE was already set to Auto :(. Heh, haven't had a power cut or anything here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom