Probably for tech but im desperate....

M

~Mobius~

i cannot log on :(

what happens is i type in my username and password...then press to enter the game and i get a msg saying

"renderer creation failed"

what does this mean??

i know this is probably wrong forum but since it seems not many people visit the tech forum i thought i would put it here...move it if i did a bad thing :)

V

Vell

Ooooo I've heard this one before. I think it had something to do with your Firewall or something. But maybe not because I wasn't really paying any attention :p

O

old.Elfslayer

I got this before think I just loaded up a new directx and it sorted it.

Elfslayer
lvl 50 Cabalist
Crusaders of Albion
Excal

O

old.Emma

try the useless rightnever thing, i remember seeing an answer to that on there somewhere :/

K

kharok

From Rightnow

First delete the user.dat file located in the \mythic\camelot folder on your hard drive. This will restore the default in-game resolution setting to 800 x 600.

Next, log into the game through the Server Selection and Character Selection screens bypassing Quick Entry ( have Quick Entry set to 'No Thank You' on the first login screen ). At the character selection screen select the in-game resolution that you would like to play at. Do not select in-game resolution you were using while receiving the 'renderer creation failed' error message.

If you wish to experiment with different in-game resolutions, feel free to do so. Simply use the above instructions to reset the default in-game resolution if you begin to receive the 'renderer creation failed' message again.

Also please be sure not to have "Voodoo-based 3D video" option used if you are not using a Voodoo graphics card. This setting can be found at the character selection screen under "Options" then by clicking on "Config Resolution".

M

~Mobius~

thanks alot ill try that now :D

hope yours gets sorted out mate :(

M

~Mobius~

i get to the server screen, select my server then i get the error message again :(

/cry

Z

zilch

Lol when i get that msg i just restart my comp and its fine :p

Once spent £10 on phone pills to do with a problem and all i needed was a quick reboot

Zilch the Bard

T

Trahg

Have you tried to alter your default bit-depth in desktop properties? Might solve, might not...

V

Verena

I've had this numerous times, mostly when my DAoC crashed and threw me back to my desktop.

Some of the graphic drivers haven't unloaded themselves and a reboot has always fixed this for me.

M

~Mobius~

oh well suprise rightnow actually helped :D

i had to download new gfx card drivers and get latest direct X just as they told me :)

thanks all,

M

milithiel

when i get that all i need to do is reboot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom