probably a bad idea but.... ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Ok. reading the thread about if/when/how DAoC would die kinda gave me a idea. and it would be nice if we (well *i* got anyway ;) ) some sort of official response on the matter

What if, GOA started a contest about comming up with the most solid PR campaign for DAoC now when Catacombs are getting translated for the game? this would be the perfect time to do it imo..

So anyway. contest i said, well i bet theres ppl out on theese boards that have some really really nice ideas on how to promote the game in a good way.

SO, why not make a contest about it? lets say for example the winner (IE the one that had the best idea(s) on how to promote the game) wins a good price. and im not talking about 1 month free play. rather something thats acually worth something.. like a free lvl 50 plus a complete (or partially complete) arti setup? or how about a free trip to France to be a "guest GM" for a weekend?

i mean, something has to be done. and i KNOW theres TONS more potential for even more players to play this wonderful game in Europe...

and please. keep the flaming out. post your oppinions/suggestions and leave it at that. and dont be afraid to post those "wierd" ideas uve been pondering at about making this game even bigger in EU, coz i doubt it can be worse then this... :p

/edit: oh and if the thread seems to have the potential. could a Mod make it a sticky then?

Tilda

I'm not sure your prizes would be allowed, sadly :(

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
I'm not sure your prizes would be allowed, sadly :(

I wouldnt mind that I wouldnt have to pay for my account ever again :)
And thats posible ^^

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
Guest GM for a weekend would be one hell of a prize :) I wonder how much stuff you could do before they dragged you off the computer?

Geuin

Fledgling Freddie
Well, if my idé would win the prize would be that the idé got accepted. That Daoc would bring fun again, as it was in old days.

:::::IDÉ::::::
Why not make tournaments. FGvsFG,1vs1,stealth duels etc on Gorre once a month or something or a league. With rewards for the winners etc, as in Game magazine-intervjues, good for publishing and makes the winner feel good as well I would say.

And as in regular rvr, it would be really nice to have RvRZones with maximum population on(50ppl from each realm?) with no keeps aggro mobs or so, just fantasy land and battles.

And atm Daoc is WAY to hard to make a reroll on, or get friends intressted to start play. If they want new ppl to start DAOC, skipp the "give free sub" shit and change whats wrong instead, and that would be the game. Can't be that hard, just OPEN YOUR MINDS! atm all i hear is we CAN'T do that and we CAN'T do that, enough of that now.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Well GOA have already made their play when it comes to promotion with their invite-a-friend-campaing. They prolly wont do anything else for a while, but yes we can always hope their will be some sort of commercials when Catacombs release here.

About prizes - mythic have awarded lifetime subscriptions to cetrain people that have done alot for the game. Maybe that would be something to consider for goa if they ever decide to run some big contest, or decided to reward someone that have supported the game in various ways, like their E&E teams etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom