Prob post patch

K

keludm

Ever since patch Ive not been able to see the various characters in the choose/create character screen, this happened before but I just clicked into options then back out and they all appeared. This means I can only log directly as an existing char and not create new ones.

Anyone else had similar probs (my connection is pretty bad)

K

keludm

I take it noones had this prob - would appreciate any comments at all even if its just to confirm Im on my own here as its really annoying.

V

Vell

I had this once.....instead of having the character names down the left hand side, I just had black, so I couldn't do anything.

Not had it since the patch tho - this was way back in beta i think. Like you said, I just went into the options bit then back out, and they were all there.

Try emailing rightnow

D

Damon_D

Had the same problem , and then it got worse I could not even log in , when I got to the " connectin to service " I would get a black screen and then get kicked to desktop , only thing that helpd was a clean install, and 30 mb of patch downloading ( 3 cheers for adsl )

K

keludm

Can you reinstall the game without losing your characters?

also - which patcheds did you apply and do you have an url

cheers folks

A

Alrindel

The characters are all stored on the server, the only thing you will lose by doing a clean install is your interface preferences (where you put your compass, chat window, etc.) Each character has a .ini file that you can save if you want to keep these settings. Also, your screenshots (all the sshot000.tga files) are there.

You don't have to worry about figuring out the patches, you just connect with whatever version you install and it will connect to the patch server and automatically download what it needs to update you to the current version.

V

Vell

All your characters will still be there, but you'll lose the quickbar icon set up and stuff. But you can put that back in a few minutes. i think that's all that will happen tho.

The patch server will auto update your directory so you don't need to worry about which ones to get or where to get them from.

Good luck!

S

Solarius

I had this happen to me also, but, with help from a friend who's good with computers, I solved it without resorting to a reinstall.

Try deleting a file called user.dat in your DAoC directory (or if you don't want to delete it, rename it user.da0 or something). This clears all your preset options, meaning that you will still have to replace all your quickbar icons, but it also removes preselect character temporarily, leaving the 'no thank you' option, and so you can access any characters or empty slots you are currently unable to get. Once you have started a game with a character that gets saved, this character will be placed into a quickstart slot as usual, and as you replace the characters and quickbar icons, your new user.dat (created when you start the game) will be filled with this information.

It's a bit quicker than a reinstall too, and if it doesn't work, it's not taken that long. It should work though.

K

keludm

bloody hell sol i wish youd posted a few hours earlier - have just done reinsatll plus 30 meg download on 56k (aaaagh) to find same prob.

Will try your method now

K

keludm

OK tried sols idea and no luck - this is getting really fucking dull now and Id really appreciate any computer literate types ideas on this as its mucking up my planned new chars.

Any help much appreciated

K

keludm

OK we have a serious prob now - all the quick entry options are gone and chars dont show up on screen therefore I have no way of entering the game either as existing or new char.

Little bit annoying.

any ideas??

S

Shaki/Aeis

If you havn't already.. try use Rightnow.

D

DocWolfe

*sigh*

its the customer support tool, that goa use. go to the cam-europe site, click on help, click on customer support, Click on enter Right Now, Click on My Stuff, type in your account info, click login, then click on the answers tab, now to ask a question you have to look at an answer first, so click on any answer, now there should be a new option on the tabs at the top that says "Ask a Question", then select a category and then type in your problem then click on submit question. Then wait a 1/2 a day, then log in again, click on My Stuff, the Questions and then click on your unresolved questions.

==============================================

Just a quick thought have you got the latest gfx drivers?

There you go theres my comprehensive guide to right now.

K

keludm

This is absolutely stumping me - have upgraded directX to 8.1 and installed latest video drivers for Geforce 3 Ti 200. Machine is a Celeron 1Ghz with 512 Ram running windows 2000.

Beyond that I really cant think of anything else........

O

old.Sami

I know its a bit late to say this, but did it occur to you that instead of deleting the old game directory, you could have just installed the game to a new dir.. so if shit hits the fan bad, you still have the old game left...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom