Sport Pro Refs & Booth reviews

Olgaline

FH is my second home
So,

on reflection of recent events, I'll bring this up again.
should the Fedarations be able to hire profesional referees ?
the same way clubs hire forin players f.exp ? so that you this way get the best refs in the best leagues despite nationalities and have pro refs that are employed and paid to do just that. referee top leages and cups ?

Part two:
Should Fifa & Uefa reconsider introducing some form of Booth review resembling f.exp what they have in american football ? not sying it should be an exact copy, but something that fits into the idioligy of football. I'm thinking something along the lines of giving each team mananger two "challange rights" as they do in amarican football, and where they charge you a time out for having a desision called against your challengein AF, this could easily be converted into say loosing a Substitution. and as in AF, deside a hanfull of so called "major calls" as being the only things that can be challenged, this would f.exp be a penalty call.

do discuss,
oh and for gods sake keep chelsea whines and taunts out of this thread, there are already two threads for that. so please keep it sober.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yes they should, on the same note they should not have referees from piss pot leagues refereeing top flight football.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
why not ?
If they are good referees what dose it matter ?
I've seen shit referees from England, Spain, Germany & Italy.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
No referee should have to put up with death threats
Yet another example of the football animal mentality

Chronictank

FH is my second home
They should have video ref's and electronic aids (goal detection etc...) like in almost every other major competative sport

I don't understand why they aren't already there, they have them in ice hockey which is a hell of alot faster than football so the whole "slowing down the game" is rubbish

Chronictank

FH is my second home
No referee should have to put up with death threats
Yet another example of the football animal mentality

Absolutely, they should get the police involved and penalise ones they can procecute

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
you are all under the impression that organisations like EUAFA are not political in any way and do not try and influence the possible outcomes of games by appointing certain refs and refs assistants.......

how many times have you seen a refs decision (favouring one team or going against the other) change the outcome of a game.....

Olgaline

FH is my second home
They should have video ref's and electronic aids (goal detection etc...) like in almost every other major competative sport

I don't understand why they aren't already there, they have them in ice hockey which is a hell of alot faster than football so the whole "slowing down the game" is rubbish

Big Red Flashing lights atop football goals...... I like it!

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Big Red Flashing lights atop football goals...... I like it!

lol i wasnt thinking so dramatic but add some semi-naked cheerleaders and i think we are onto a winner :D

I also think they should introduce sin bins personally like in Rugby, fuck about or make a fuss and you are taken off the pitch for a few mins, no more retarded crowding of the ref and yelling at them but keeps silly sending offs to a minimum

Everytime something happens the ref should be calling the captains to a side and getting them to sort out their players rather than the ref having to do it, anyone else approaching the ref gets booked/sin binned

I think the old saying is pretty much true
football is a gentleman's game played by ruffians and rugby is a ruffian's game played by gentlemen

Olgaline

FH is my second home
we'r on to something herer chron!
just add a stip poker twist to it, the cheerleaders take of a piece each time a goal is scored at thier end.

as for the captains, that used to be the case, these days tho, it's more a tradition of the past, and almost seems an honorary thing awarded to players that have stayed at the club the longest.

the box idea? well I know at lower levels in danish football, you would get sent off for 10mins if you resived a yellow card. a good idea, but the time limit was a joke in a 2x 35 min game.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Rugby has the right approach to indiscipline. You argue with the ref and the penalty (or free kick in football) is moved 10 yards further down the pitch. In football you could have it so that enough 10 yard movements converts the free kick to a penalty. I'm sure that'd see a bit less arguing with the ref.

I also don't see how introducing a TV Ref to confirm important decisions e.g. penalty appeals, goals, bookings etc would slow the game down much. Rugby manages it!

megadave

I am a FH squatter
No big changes are needed, just have an extra official with a tv screen so he view things from a better angle and give the referee an often, much needed second opinion.

I dont see the problem with that, it would take a lot of pressure away from referees and just make things fairer. There will still be drama points and the odd contentous decisions that a lot of people argue is "part of football" but they would just have a fair out come.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

on another note, how about fix the whole sport tbh?

- use real playing time (shorten 90mins to 70 perhaps but real time)

fixes dives, crying b*tches, goalies who just take tooo much time.

- use booth reviews

fixes unseen ellbows etc and perhaps goals who are now not counted for.

- use chips in shoes to make offside rule actually work 100%

only use home supporters, fixes fights
(supporter pride my ass, people who fight 'for their'club are not supporters but brainless fracks)

- play 3 matches in a week and after that play offs :)

i know ill get flamed, but that is MY VIEW of how i would like to see it.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

on another note, how about fix the whole sport tbh?

- use real playing time (shorten 90mins to 70 perhaps but real time)
Removes some of the game in the respect of tactics tho when the managers hange strategy because of the way the game is playing, also takes away those moments of suspence when a player is injured and you dont know if they will come out in the second half

only use home supporters, fixes fights
(supporter pride my ass, people who fight 'for their'club are not supporters but brainless fracks)
What about clubs who can't fill stadiums? but make big money from playing big teams
Also removes the atmopshere imo

- play 3 matches in a week and after that play offs :)
Not really financially viable :p clubs wouldnt have enough income if the season was 5-6 games
Also removes the whole seasonal tactics thing (resting players because of other games etc..)

not a flame, just observations :p

megadave

I am a FH squatter
if all of those rules were implemented then football would die

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Removes some of the game in the respect of tactics tho when the managers hange strategy because of the way the game is playing, also takes away those moments of suspence when a player is injured and you dont know if they will come out in the second half

good point. each his view on this one :) got pro's and cons.

Chronictank said:
What about clubs who can't fill stadiums? but make big money from playing big teams
Also removes the atmopshere imo

hmm again fair point, however it would not remove the atmosphere at all. try cheering for your team instead of constant flaming towards other fans.

Chronictank said:
Not really financially viable :p clubs wouldnt have enough income if the season was 5-6 games
Also removes the whole seasonal tactics thing (resting players because of other games etc..)

not a flame, just observations :p

how come other sports are able to play this many games then?

i.e. nba

Chronictank

FH is my second home
hmm again fair point, however it would not remove the atmosphere at all. try cheering for your team instead of constant flaming towards other fans.
Its got nothing to do with the other fans, what happens when the opposition scores a goal?
A silent stadium/jeering fans is hardly a "good" atmosphere
try thinking about it instead of flaming others ;)

Also most football games do not have this apparent animosity it only exists in certain games where rivalries are present.

how come other sports are able to play this many games then?

i.e. nba
I am not sure about the NBA but i was under the impression they play each team 3/4 times in 82 games (41 home) in their regular season. Then playoffs are the best teams from the season
The NBA is a monopoly so it doesn't have other leagues where the players play as far as i am aware (again i dont watch the NBA so i dont know)

The champions league is not a continuation of the premiership so i dont see why it would take this format (seeing as it isn't the playoffs its a seperate league)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Rugby has the right approach to indiscipline. You argue with the ref and the penalty (or free kick in football) is moved 10 yards further down the pitch. In football you could have it so that enough 10 yard movements converts the free kick to a penalty. I'm sure that'd see a bit less arguing with the ref.

I also don't see how introducing a TV Ref to confirm important decisions e.g. penalty appeals, goals, bookings etc would slow the game down much. Rugby manages it!

Completely agree and that's one of the reasons why I watch very little football.

On a side note, if the video ref finds out a player has dived, the ref should give out free 'kicks in the nuts' to give them bigger balls... absolutely dispicable (sp?) the amount of diving that actually works in games worth so much money which could be stopped by a simply voice com with those actually watching the screens.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
So taking the whole Arsenal/Fiorentina games into account....

I'll ask again,
isnt it about time the Uefa/fiffa started concidering having actual pro refs
introducing some form of booth review ?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Nope, errors are part of football, we moan and whine, but that is simply because we have more media coverage of their errors.

Maybe referees need technological assistance.

Marc

FH is my second home
You lot aint got a clue about bad referees. You wanna try and watch rugby league. The game is so fast that referees are making so many critical errors. Its getting that bad they are trialing using 2 referees during games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom