PrivateSlots

A

Andiehuk

I'm guessing at the moment there is no way to reserve a number slots for the paying members of our server? This is a problem of course as the server gets full so quick. Any chance you can put some pressure on the VC creators to get this feature added in the soon to be released 1.30 patch?

T

throdgrain

I think you'll find that the Game Preview server has slots already reserved for subbed players. If you're logged on and connect to the server it will auto-kick anyone on there who is not a paying customer.
I think you're lucky to get on there at all, I ping it at 150 plus for some reason, and cannot connect at all, it just times out. Im ok on all the other servers, and normally ping about 30 to them (adsl) so I dont know if anyone can help with this at all ?

A

Andiehuk

I mean on our BarryServer and not the BW Subscriber servers. Generally I think the VC creators need to add this feature or people who pay to run a server won't run VC if they cannot get on it LOL. Thanks for the reply mate, I should have expanding the info I gave originally.

T

throdgrain

No problem :)
On our Counter-Strike clan server I use rcon to randomly kick a player if I want to get on and its full . (What a Git! )
You can do this via All Seeing Eye, though I don't know whether VietCong has much in the way of rcon commands, Ive certainly never found any :(

A

Andiehuk

I haven't seen any programs to access the server through rcon remotely without actually being in the game. Once your in kicking people is not a problem it's getting in thats not LOL.

Has anyone seen any remote admin tools for VC? Perhaps I will have to knock one up then.

T

throdgrain

If you're using ASE simply add the rcon password into the properties of the server, then press F8 and that brings up the remote console.
Just type in the kick command, without the "rcon" bit, and hey presto :)
Btw, you wouldnt know anywhere I can get some console commands for VC would you ? In particular synch every frame or limit fps ?
Cheers :)

T

~T}r3tr0x{M~

Hey guys
All console commands for VC are in the manual - the one to show frame rates is "showfps 1" at the console. The ones in the manual are pretty extensive, you could change almost everything from vietnam mode on/off to the max ping limit. If you want me to post any of them then let me know :)
Later

T

throdgrain

AFAIK sync every frame or limit fps are not in the manual m8 :/

A

Andiehuk

This threads about the lack of privateslot feature in VC. The console commands in the manual are very limited.

C

CAC

i supose you could allways put a password on your server if you want to make it private?

ill go back to my own forums now then:touch:

A

Andiehuk

Mmmm you know your so right! Unfortunately an empty server isn't too much fun either m8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom