Private forum

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
raidleaders etc, it depends you!
http://www.prydwen.se/

post only private forum your ml raids etc, and maybe? post here link.
peeps dont use private forum because raidleaders dont post there raids, instead posting here openly.

suggest all happenings is posted to private now and post link here.
after month or 2? use only private forum or keep posting links.

belxavier

Fledgling Freddie
well at the end of the day ovron used try make his old ml10 raid posted there, most mids still just asked on fh, irc and ingame when will it be i cant access it etc...and so with regular times ppl in other realms found out regardless. Also myself and others includeing zedenk tried to make it more actively used haveing failed that reverted back to useing this as the mainly viewed forum.
Even took guild forum there in order to make it essential for all CC members to join and it soon became the most/seemingly only active area of the forum /shrug.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
The problem is, of course, that people already have a large number of forums to keep track of as it is. Therefore, simply adding another is not sufficient, you will need to get some critical mass of people in the new forum so that enough value is imbued with the new forum. Of course, the question is how to do something like that...

Big thanks to Grymligast for hosting the current http://www.prydwen.se, however. :)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I'd be interested in any thoughts/ideas on how to get users signed up on private forums. :p

I've posted short announcements on FH such as [thread=171113]this one[/thread] pointing to the full announcement on prydwen.co.uk, the password for the battlegroup is listed in the full announcement. Theres been over 100 characters on all raids, with over 170 on one raid, however this doesn't really seem to get people signing up.

I'm considering doing something similar with the next set of ML raids, however moving the time and battlegroup password in a private section of the forum. However I'm a little bit unsure how popular this would be! I'd probably end up with just one person in each guild signing up, with them telling everyone else in their guild with the password.

Both prydwen.co.uk and prydwen.se would probably benefit from the dragon raiders regularly posting their threads on their respective public forums, post a link on FreddysHouse pointing to the main thread. If the dragon raid organisers only took signups from the non-FH forums, the popularity of it might improve. Once more threads are posted, just switch over to using prydwen.se exclusively.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Any questions about not being able to register, sign up for private part can be directed to me here, on IRC, ingame or in PM on prydwen.se.

Biggest part of ppl not being able to post is because they didnt activate the acc by typing in wrong e-mail address or if the mail got thrown in the spam bucket

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
belxavier said:
well at the end of the day ovron used try make his old ml10 raid posted there, most mids still just asked on fh, irc and ingame when will it be i cant access it etc...and so with regular times ppl in other realms found out regardless. Also myself and others includeing zedenk tried to make it more actively used haveing failed that reverted back to useing this as the mainly viewed forum.
Even took guild forum there in order to make it essential for all CC members to join and it soon became the most/seemingly only active area of the forum /shrug.

let them ask irc or fh, just say its on private forum, go there and read.
if not have acces? maybe its time get one.
need force peeps use and read it, use FH rvr section as whines etc but realmstuff transfer mostly there, atleast important.
personally think, including myself, have been just way too lousy to give more important status for prydwen.se.

agree, there is alott forums, personally follow guild, fh and vn + ~5 different forums what handle my other real life intrests :)

again, move raids to private forum, link it here few months, if someone cba signup? or solve problem why own account dont work? can only blame self.
if this dont happend?
dont personally see any reason for mids whine because they got ambushed ml10, or our keeps get under attacks middle TG etc big raids.

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
May adopt GReapers idea of posting future raids to the private forum with a bg password.

Worth a shot I guess.

Durgi

Fledgling Freddie
passwords will only confuse and iritate the trolls, typing with big stubby fingers is not easy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom