PC Master Race Privacy things

Wij

I am a FH squatter

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I have thought about it, and have entered myself into some registers to make some online peeps not able to sell my information.

Wouldn't it be grand if you had a software that integrated itself in all browsers, and make it so that if any other software tried fetching information, it would have to pay for it, and/or automatically send an invoice to the part grabbing your info.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Given how much our systems are leaking info which other people then profit from and merrily sell onto others has anyone considered the following new things from Avast (in particular) or similar products?

Avast Secure Browser | Private browser from Avast

Avast AntiTrack Premium | Anti-tracking software

Admittedly these are Windows only which seems a bit pointless when I'm carrying an Android phone with me at all times but anyone tried them nevertheless?
Not looked at these but my current solution is to use pi hole DNS on my LAN together with ublock in Firefox with all the settings cranked to "piss off with your tracking"

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Im pretty sure they are aporoaching all they need and can predict your every whim by looking at the weather and current events in your area.
I dont know what the next step is.
Hopefully we simply round up the superich and execute them.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Im pretty sure they are aporoaching all they need and can predict your every whim by looking at the weather and current events in your area.
I dont know what the next step is.
Hopefully we simply round up the superich and execute them.
Your insight in popular opinion and how the world works is such a great contribution to the topic at hand. Thank you. I feel so much safer now that I know you'll be taking care of all our problems.

Job

Just added sarcasm to your life profile.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
I haven't got any experience with those or similar experience. But I'm also in the "too much work, if they want to find out they will" camp.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I struggle to care about what companies (who really only want to sell me shit) can scrape out of my browser. I'm much more interested in what the ISPs are pumping back to GCHQ and what search companies have on me. And yep, what information your mobile gives up from location etc far exceeds your PC.

Never joined facebook, that's probably huge. Missus' google home mini has probably fucked me for life :\

Job

We are just a quivering organic blob and they run every algorithm possible to predict our moves, itd when it becomes useful to use this information against us that is the problem.
Pol Pot murdered those with smooth hands...our future could well be guilty by pattern analysis.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I know that the newest version of Firefox is deleting tracking cookies, along the lines of what Safari 11 does. This browser seems even more aggressive. Hopefully no one on the Danish market will start using this, as it will mean a lot of headaches at work I can do without :D

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Considering I have accounts with FB, Google, Twitter and and Android phone, I'm guessing this ship has long sailed, so am also struggling to care.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Pretty sure I've sold both my kids and my marbles collection to Google somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom