Prince of The Netherlands.

S

slapmesilly..

He has deceased this evening... he had it coming (been ill for months), but since there's no other way any people outside the "Benelux" will ever get to see it on their news, I thought I'd share it here with you :)

It's a "nice" diversion from the "When does 1.52 arrive?" posts.

:mad:

O

old.windforce

yep he is dead
the queen mother thinks she is a labrador.
better mad then dead:(

was a nice guy

O

old.job

You had a prince?

Why didn't you tell anybody?

I can't believe it's nowhere in the news.
I'm going to write to the Times on this !!

A

Aeternus

Didnt even know you guys had monarchy....

K

Keri

It was on the news here in Canada .... mainly because Canada and the Netherlands have had close ties since WWII, when Beatrix was born here in a hospital room that was made Dutch territory so she would be born Dutch. In return, the Netherlands sends several thousand tulip bulbs to Ottawa each year, and they are planted in large beds throughout the city, which holds a 10 day tulip festival each May.

S

SFXman

Sorry to hear about that... but...
Who is that little kid in Luxembourg who is a prince of Luxembourg or something? I remember him from like 5½ years ago when I lived there... he was in my school.

A

Addlcove

the scary part of European monarchy is that they are all related

O

old.Arnor

I saw it on Verdens Gang but thats just cus theres not much happening here anyways.

but what hit me as odd, was that he was so old, and still not king ^^

K

Keri

Not all princes get to be kings ... Prince Philip, aka the Duke of Edinburgh .. aka Queen Elizabeth's hubby, will never be a king. The monarchy passes down through heirs, not spouses.

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by old.Arnor
I saw it on Verdens Gang but thats just cus theres not much happening here anyways.

but what hit me as odd, was that he was so old, and still not king ^^

Well he is sure somehow related to your king and queen.

S

slapmesilly..

It's like this, when I princess is born, and is the only one that is the rightfull owner of the throne, she becomes queen.

BUT, if she marries a man, this man does not become a king, because "king" sounds more important than a "queen" therefor he becomes a prince.

When the firstborn male child of the queen becomes king, his wife WILL be queen because of the reason stated above.

So Maxima (the wife of our prince Alexander) will become princess when Beatrix either dies or "stops" being queen.

It's a bit weird :)

B

Belsameth

that's because monarchies are weird in the first place ;)

it's sad Claus died tho. he was a great prince, as far as I could tell.

O

old.Icebreaker

We got the Info of his Death too on all German Channels.

/salutes

---------------------------------------------
Icebreaker <Celtic Fist> freezed

S

SevenSins

Yeah, respect.

Silly thing is, he's not been sick for months, but for years.

Operation this, that, kidney transplant, eye thingie operations, and a lot of crap.

Imho, and this may sound harsh, but it's good he's finally dead, mainly because of the fact that the man couldn't go on any longer, and after all those operations and the drugs he probably ate for breakfast/lunch/dinner, which made him go on.

You know, broken free from his ever continueing pain.

The part I respect him the most for is the willpower he had to remain alive, but now he can finally rest in peace, and he deserved it.

Amen.

P.S: It may be a loss for his family, and the country, but it's finally freedom for him.

S

Sabu

Do u want the spanish Prince? we give him to you, we really don´t need it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom