Prince of Persia : Sands of Time

L

leggy

Who's gonna be the first person to tell me there is a thread on this already? :)

Anyway, my copy just arrived from gameplay.com and I have to say this looks like one of the best games to appear on the ps2 (and every other format by Jan.) for a good while. While having not played it I've seen countless movies with ingame footage and it looks amazing to be quite honest. It'll be too short for sure but the originality more than makes up for it.

eurogamer and gamespot have both given it pretty awsome reviews.

Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=53773

Gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/princeofpersiathesot/review.html

The pc version is out in december. THe GC and Xbox versions both out in january iirc.

W

whipped

I'll be picking this up tomorrow along with a proper RGB cable for my PS2 (Fed up with it being blurry).

Gabe and Tycho from PA have been raving about it and I usually trust their judgement.

T

Trem

I had this on my Atari ST, dear god that was one hard mother-fucker of a game:(

C

CptDoom

I done most of the first level and i really like the way the camera works.. Not really been frustrated by it YET..

Graphics are sweet, nice softfocus and makes it look very pretty.

However, the thing that strikes me the most is how actually linear it is but i dont think this will be a problem as the levels seem of a really high standard..

This is the Xbox version fyi.

N

nath

Completed it yesterday on xbox. All the gimmicks, such as the cool fight moves, running up walls, swinging on polls etc. are exactly that.. gimmicks. Except for some reason they never get old, it's fun the whole way through. Fantastic platform game, kept me saying "woah, that's helluvacool" the whole way through.

W

whipped

Agreed, supurb game. I'd say it was a cross between Tomb Radier and Soul Reaver. Only 15% through but about to have another play. No sleep tonight :D

M

~Mobius~

I just saw on the advert, the main character sort of jumps on someones back and then attacks them from behind, can you do that or is it a sort of technique by doing a certain combo of buttons? :)

W

whipped

You simply run at an enemy and hit the X button. There are lots of other cool attack moves you can use to dispatch the evil sand people.

C

CptDoom

I havent completed it yet but im enjoying it very much in drips and drabs.

I fear its very short tho which isnt a problem but i just love the way you have to use all the 'gimmick' moves in one way or another to clear the room. It is indeed like Soul Reaver and Tomb Raider but has a really nice Zelda leaning too.

L

leggy

Just finished it. Highly impressed with the game overall but I felt it could have been a bit harder.

The final few fights were way too easy and there are no special hidden, unlockable features to speak of. Apart from the original prince of persia which is unlocked half way through the game.

W

whipped

How? How? How do you unlock it. I figured you finished the game and it would unlock, but no. Game finished and still no original :(

Users who are viewing this thread