Priest spec..plz help

Limbonic

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Messages
44
I got online on WoW today for the first time and i´m really enjoying it. :D and started a night elf priest...how shall i spec him?
 

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
381
Incidentaly, I just respecced to Asha's spec - I'll let you know how it works out. Tried doing Scholomance last night and though we finished it, it was a nightmare with shadow spec :sex:
 

Ebonn

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
123
Ive done BRS, Stratholme and Scholomance in 5 man groups as only healer many times and had no problems whatsoever and im shadow speced. holy is overrated imo.
 

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
1,355
haha

holy isn't rated by anyone so how can it be over rated?¿?¿

I've found it nice in groups but horrible horrible horrible for solo.
 

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
2,466
Asha said:
haha

holy isn't rated by anyone so how can it be over rated?¿?¿

I've found it nice in groups but horrible horrible horrible for solo.
You are horrible so it's well suited! :(
Damn priests. :/
 

CurryKnight

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 4, 2004
Messages
104
If you wanna play solo go Shadow Spec, if you want groups and to be loved-Holy

I am Holy/Disc, nothing like those uber healing spells to make plenty of ingame friends.
 

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
2,466
Been healed by a holy priest for 4.3k hp before, that's like my entire HP bar in one heal! :O
 

ST^

Part of the furniture
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,351
Asha said:
haha

holy isn't rated by anyone so how can it be over rated?¿?¿
Everyone thinks its really crap. But its even worse than that.
 

Phusion

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 24, 2004
Messages
326
Danya said:
Been healed by a holy priest for 4.3k hp before, that's like my entire HP bar in one heal! :O
4758 hp healed is my best heal till now :<
 

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
1,355
Danya said:
You are horrible so it's well suited! :(
Damn priests. :/
I am great, you just are mad cause I made fun of your mez.


ST thinks it's bad, this is a good sign!

It's getting better since I got almost all the shadow I am going to get. For groups it's great. I just need to fix the fact that I have so many mp and no hp now...

Priests need a fucking combat rez though.
 

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
2,466
Asha said:
I am great, you just are mad cause I made fun of your mez.


ST thinks it's bad, this is a good sign!

It's getting better since I got almost all the shadow I am going to get. For groups it's great. I just need to fix the fact that I have so many mp and no hp now...

Priests need a fucking combat rez though.
*Turns Asha into a sheep.*
:p
 

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
2,656
dhery healed me for 3.5k when she was full shadow specced -.-

holy priests are fun to fight though :D
 

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,416
imp pw:s OWNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
 

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Aug 7, 2004
Messages
394
just to edit the above post...

PW:S rank 10 gives 942 shield, Imp PW:S just decreases the amount of time before being able to re-cast to the same party member.
 

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
725
Gat_Decor said:
just to edit the above post...

PW:S rank 10 gives 942 shield, Imp PW:S just decreases the amount of time before being able to re-cast to the same party member.
makes u a king in most 1v1 pvp battles tho :D i love it. v useful when im having to heal grpies to. shield heal oother then heal them. gives u taht lil extra time.
also slows down speed of death of ur tank if u shield them before the battle to. and if u do that means u wont gain agro from doing it to them if they need it early on.

also a quick note to any paladins who maybe reading this.
WHY OH FGS WHY UR LVL 50 and u dont have the less threat buff. think its called blessing of salvation. i have checked and this is not a talent tree buff. u get it with normal skills! its sooo useful for a priest in a grp it stops me getting a hell of a lot of agro and yet i keep meeting ALOT of lvl 50 + pallys who dont have it... wtf!!!!
oh an btw its also useful on high dmg dealers if ur only tank in grp.
 

ST^

Part of the furniture
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,351
Asha said:
ST thinks it's bad, this is a good sign!
Wish I knew what that was supposed to mean. In any kinda group pvp, people will go and fuck the healer first (you). Everything from then should be you trying to keep yourself alive. So whats the point? Rely on people being retards and attacking the warriors first? Woo, yeah of course.

Or go shadow, win fights.
 

Whisperess

Part of the furniture
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
1,234
Gat_Decor said:
until you get hit by a boss for 1500 (imp PW:S shields for roughly 900)
Better than getting hit for 2400 though, isn't it?

With Imp. PW:S you can in effect extend that player's life (or see it as an instant pre-heal if you wish) with ~900 every 15 seconds instead of every 30 seconds.

In short: it rocks.
 

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
1,355
ST^ said:
Wish I knew what that was supposed to mean. In any kinda group pvp, people will go and fuck the healer first (you). Everything from then should be you trying to keep yourself alive. So whats the point? Rely on people being retards and attacking the warriors first? Woo, yeah of course.

Or go shadow, win fights.
dunno where you got that holy/shadow spec is bad for keeping yourself alive
I had a lvl 60 warrior bashing on me last night and he couldn't even hurt me.

I spec to keep alive, and to keep my group alive. I dont' give a fuck about solo pvp or about doing damage. And they can feel free to beat on me instead of my mage(s) or the shadow priest.

And you all are a bit silly. PW:S is great yes but in pvp it's very easy to dispell.
 

ST^

Part of the furniture
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,351
Asha said:
dunno where you got that holy/shadow spec is bad for keeping yourself alive
I had a lvl 60 warrior bashing on me last night and he couldn't even hurt me.

I spec to keep alive, and to keep my group alive. I dont' give a fuck about solo pvp or about doing damage. And they can feel free to beat on me instead of my mage(s) or the shadow priest.

And you all are a bit silly. PW:S is great yes but in pvp it's very easy to dispell.
I didn't say it was bad for keeping yourself alive. Is that any fun for you though? If it is, well, fine.

Warrior: Did he have mortal strike? did he try pummel? anything? Something is wrong if he aint hurting. Cos warriors hurt, y'know.
 

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
1,355
dunno he was a gay elf and gunz raped him

I had up shield and had life tap and dot and mindflay going and had hot-ed myself.

It's fun for me.
 

ST^

Part of the furniture
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,351
well if a rogue raped him, something was really kinda wrong :| gay elf :/

fun > effectiveness, stick with it :p
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom