President Bush

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Do people not realise how dull this anti-Bush sentiment our country seems caught up in gets after a while? He may not be the sharpest tool in the box but then again that doesn't really matter, as most of his staff are. He's also several leagues above the back-stabbing chesire cat we have in power - AND the arse the U.S.A had in charge before Dubya got involved.

Seriously folks, there are lots more jokes out there than "Goerge Bush r teh thik!!"!""!"""" Try and find them.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
yeah, Bush is a damn clever guy.

We just misunderestimated him.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
Why not make fun of Bush? He is one of the most powerfull man in the world and humor makes him less of a threat to our own conscience and hopefully he hears it and makes him think that he aint all that ;)

Bodhi

SilverHood said:
yeah, Bush is a damn clever guy.

We just misunderestimated him.
Yes. Because that is exactly what I said. You are the most intelligent person ever. I bow down to your great wisdom and your ability to drag the complete opppostie point to that which was being made in a post. Fuck most intelligent, you might just be the COOLEST PERSON EVAR!!!!! Have I laboured the point enough yet for you to understand. Fucking hell, I've just found myself thanking the lord for DaoC. It kept morons like you out of society for a while so the rest of us didn't have to deal with you.

Heh, mr Blacky I doubt Dubya really thinks he's all that, I've heard him take the piss out of the fact he aint that bright before tbh. Thing is tho, he can't be that stupid, otherwise he would have never been president - unless he had a team of exceptionally smart men around him - either of which should work out pretty well. Apart from finishing his dad's unfinished business (which the previous administration had a perfect opportunity to finish without civilian casualties, but instead chose to dither and wait for a UN resolution, in the process condemning thousands of Kurd rebels to death in the process. I find that so ironic it hurts) he seems to have made a pretty decent president. He stands a fighting chance of getting re-elected, which in my book means he's been doing a pretty good job. I'm not adverse to Bush bashing per se (in fact I nearly bought that poster that's knocking around with his greatest quotes on it), but I also think it's possible to do a joke to death. And trust me, this one is half way through it's next life by now.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Dear Bodhi,

While I'm glad you find me cool and intelligent (god am I flattered, might just put it in my sig), I did forget my trademark rolleye smilie, which seems to be hidden away in the depths these days.

Perhaps you'd like to read your last line, and then read my last line, and then join the dots to see I was making a joke.

:rolleyes:

Bodhi

I realised that, however I still fail to see what I said that could warrant the response "yeah, bush is a damn clever guy", even sarcastically. Put it this way, a comment like that in the pub would result in people laughing at you rather than with you. It was just that unfunny. Now back to DaoC with you.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Well, the 2 things were meant to go together, the sarcasm first, then the quote to highlight the sarcasm, while at the same time having a laugh at George Bush's expense.

And I haven't played DAOC for a over a year - there are more enjoyable ways of killing braincells.

*does rolleye smiley*

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The fact that you're having to explain a joke doesn't exactly make it teh funneh :D

I'm with Bodhi on this, we should get back to knocking the French.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
The guy's a fuckhead. I see where you're coming from Bods but it's still so legitimate. He is stupid, desperately trying to sort out the shortcomings of his father.

Any man that publically laughs and makes fun out of the fact he started a WAR on a country over something that didn't actually exist.

What a guy, really.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
If anyone ever has any reservations about old Dubya, I suggest you read any of the last two Micheal Moore books. Some very interesting insights into the life of America's president. Did you know, for instance, that by his own countries standards he is illiterate(sp?).

Wij

I am a FH squatter
You'd think he'd change his name to be honest. He might as well call himself President Ladypub0x !

Apparently he has a smaller than average penis too.

Mr.Monkey3

Fledgling Freddie
49% of the male population of the ENTIRE WORLD have a smaller than average penis.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
it's never held Wij back though!

xane

Fledgling Freddie
TdC said:
it's never held Wij back though!

Apart from the time he strung heavy weights to it, that kept him in one spot for a while.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
BTW I'm totally with Bodhi on this one, primarily because I get sick and tired of argument by personal attack, as it diverts from the real issues.

Loads of people through history have been quite nasty or stupid, but their actions have made profound statements in history both good and bad.

Bodhi

Whipped said:
If anyone ever has any reservations about old Dubya, I suggest you read any of the last two Micheal Moore books. Some very interesting insights into the life of America's president. Did you know, for instance, that by his own countries standards he is illiterate(sp?).
I have absolutely no time for Michael Moore whatsoever. The man is a complete waste of space, does nothing productive at all - just puts all his moans and gripes about modern society, then sits back and gets very rich off it all. He spent most of Bowling for Columbine labouring the "Guns are bad mmm'kay" point - a very valid one if you only look at the United States. However he then threw in the fact Canada has a much much lower murder and fatal shooting rate, despite guns being legal over there aswell. Which made me think "So what you're saying is everything you have said up until now is absolute bollocks - Guns clearly aren't the problem, they seem to be working O.K in Canada".

He tops my list of people I want to smack in the face. Very hard. With a 7 iron.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Surely he's showing a balance opinon by doing so? Nothing i detest more than an obviously biased opinion. Perhaps he was also highlighting the "gun culture" thats grown up in America? I diddnt get to see the whole thing

Wij

I am a FH squatter
michaelmoore9.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I don't think Moore concluded that the problem was with gun ownership. Most of the documentary was concerned with people's fear of crime.

I watched it with interest, and it raised some valid points. The interview with Heston was quite interesting, in that it showed him to be a frail old man, rather than the Hollywood god that I used to think he would be.

Its obviously biased, but not outrageously so.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't like bowling for columbine a whole lot, however that doesn't mean everything that Moore says is shit.

Bodhi

I admit I didn't watch much past the Canada revelation. It's ok when 24 tells you what you've just seen is all bollocks - it's not trying to put a point across.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Moore is the epitome of irony, the sad thing is he doesn't see it.

His "in yer face" style of documentry is basically why Americans are so confrontational and eager to go for their sidearm, without realising he represents the very attitude he is so critical of !

If you can just image a truckload of Moores roaming around shouting off their heads, you'd start carrying a sidearm too. He is the architypal moron shouting "fire" in a crowded theatre - because he can, or rather he'll think of some stupid "liberal" excuse to do so.

The reason why Canadians live a bit more chilled out is because Michael Moore doesn't live there, you only had to look at the expression on their faces when he turns up, you can see them all thinking "now damn it, where _did_ I put my shotgun ..."

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
xane said:
The reason why Canadians live a bit more chilled out is because Michael Moore doesn't live there, you only had to look at the expression on their faces when he turns up, you can see them all thinking "now damn it, where _did_ I put my shotgun ..."

the difference is that canadians have a gun (mostly rifles (not the half or full automatics nor 1 mile stuff) actually) is to hunt or for spot. Americans have it for their protection, which ironically seems to make it actually unsafer for them.

edit: btw I cant imagine why anyone would feel the need to have a half automatic gun or a military rifle (some americans seem to have a rifle that comes damn close to the one their military uses).

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
Bollocks. Micheal Moore may not be a typical lefty mincing, bumbling goon, but he certainly is NOTHING like as confrontational as say, the majority of The Republican party.

Have you read Dude Where's My Country?

He deals in information the generally stupid and apathetic can understand, the way he talks, and what he says...its a perfect starting point, rallying calls to arms with Cereal Box Education(stattistics, soundbites etc) in it...hopefully once people start with the stuff Moore does, and writes...they will go on and be angry or determined enough to learn for themselves.

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
Bodhi said:
Thing is tho, he can't be that stupid, otherwise he would have never been president - unless he had a team of exceptionally smart men around him - either of which should work out pretty well.

Work out pretty well? Without wishing to be on the end of another one of your attacks - :eek6: - what the fuck does that have to do with anything? They're intelligent, so it's ok? What about the fact that the whole bunch of them are evil? Hitler and those around him were intelligent, but that didn't "work out pretty well" did it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom