Present dilemmas

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I'm having a really hard time finishing my Christmas shopping, I still need things for my parents (which shouldn't be too bad) and something more for the wife. I'm after one of two things, either an absolutely inspired different gift idea, or a site where I can order the best chocolate, as she's a bit of a gormet.

Any ideas?

gmloki

Part of the furniture
babs said:
I'm having a really hard time finishing my Christmas shopping, I still need things for my parents (which shouldn't be too bad) and something more for the wife. I'm after one of two things, either an absolutely inspired different gift idea, or a site where I can order the best chocolate, as she's a bit of a gormet.

Any ideas?

I've used these before and they aint bad

kingcon

Fledgling Freddie
Don’t know if its that original anymore but for my girl friends (at the time)18th I did up a shoe box all fancy and filled it with 18 things beginning with H (for Hannah) all random stuff. I think even a toy helicopter was in there…! Sounds silly and I suppose it depends how old you are but she was very happy with it, don’t think I could have got anything better to be honest. You could add as many things as you’ve had Christmases together? Just a thought.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Since we moved into the same city with my bro, each year(5th now), we find one shop and buy each of our family members, cousins etc that are around on christmas, same preasents from that place. So far we've bought:

Candy from a delicatesse shop. About 150 euro worth for 7 people :D

Teddybear(of some sort) and odd soda.

Wooden stuff from an Africa shop.

Odd stuff from a netstore, like different colored light ice cubes etc.

This year, funny hats :p

We pay the gifts together so we kinda double the amount of cash on each gift. We get better stuff, even if only one instead of two. Has worked rather nice.

EDIT: Oh and, each year when we go out tobuy gifts, we spend about one hour. Lazy gits we are.

Damini

Part of the furniture
babs said:

Any ideas?

Babs, I hate to say this, but chocolates are a bit... dull. Always much appreciated, but from your bloke you want something a bit more exciting or involved.

Hows about this? http://www.buyagift.co.uk/cgi-bin/b.../1270?engine=adwords&keyword=chocolate+making

That way she can try all these gourmet chocolates, and learn how to make her own, and it will be a very unexpected gift. You could even put it inside an empty box of chocolates for surprise factor (and secretly shnaffle all the chocs yourself for double win).

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I agree chocolates are a cliche, but she LOVES chocolate, so it won't go unappreciated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom