Preists

Llixeraxu.

Fledgling Freddie
Any idea on how good these guys gonna be?

Im pretty sure im rolling a human preist on alliance pvp .

going heal/disc spec :)

I havnt played yet but how does this sound :p or am i looking at another gimped class ( like my chimp!)

bigmammas

Fledgling Freddie
very usefull clase imo, they are a mix of druid/menta I think but without a pet (untill mind control but that is wank I heard).

they not bad soloers either just long downtimes cuz u cant make manapots urself like the mage can...

Tilda

Im mulling on a Shadow Priest, which looks to be good fun.
Either that, or, shammy or warlock.

Tilda

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
imo tri spec is best for priest, im playing one atm level 28 and was thinking of goign holy/disc but tbh some of the shadow stuff, like spirit tap is too good to pass over

SigvartH

Fledgling Freddie
A friend playes Healer in daoc. And he just fell inlove with undead priest :) since he could acctualy do some damg, and not just be healer/cc guy. they got some nice dmg spells too :) and they can heal :p

Event

Fledgling Freddie
Kinda depends what u wanna do with ure priest.

Solo pve and pvp = shadow
Grp pve and pvp = more holy/disc

Mage will always out dmg you and has some nice cc but priest has some nice stuff like dispel, fear (affects 5 people at high lvl) and silence which are nice for pvp. Priest has best healing in game but isnt that far ahead of shaman and druid especially at lower levels. But for high level stuff priest seems invaluable.

Galelawyn

Fledgling Freddie
I've looked at a tri-spec aswell, and I came out with

Spirit Tap Rank 5
Blackout Rank 5
Improved Mind Blast Rank 5
Mind Flay Rank 1
Improved Fade Rank 2

Shadow Total: 18

Discipline Mastery
Unbreakable Will Rank 5
Wand Specialization Rank 5
Improved Power Word: Shield Rank 3
Improved Power Word: Fortitiude Rank 2
Improved Mana Burn Rank 2

Discipline Total: 17

Holy Mastery
Improved Renew Rank 5
Spiritual Healing Rank 5
Subtlety Rank 5
Improved Healing Rank 1

Holy Total: 15

Anyone who played priest who thinks this is good enough? ( Imp Healing Rank 1 was just a leftover point )

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
bigmammas said:
they not bad soloers either just long downtimes cuz u cant make manapots urself like the mage can...

If you mean that they can't be alchemist - yes they can. However, if you're talking about mages ability to conjure mana gems... It's actually quite a bit less than it costs to conjure it, so it ain't viable for reducing downtime, only for when you get in trouble.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
imo drop the 5/5 renew head for flash heal 2/2 you get a 70% chance ot avoid interruption - very handy stuff, will keep you and your friends alive i a tight spot, PvP and PvE

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Shrye said:
If you mean that they can't be alchemist - yes they can. However, if you're talking about mages ability to conjure mana gems... It's actually quite a bit less than it costs to conjure it, so it ain't viable for reducing downtime, only for when you get in trouble.
Think he was referring to Conjure Water.

Remem

Fledgling Freddie
bigmammas said:
very usefull clase imo, they are a mix of druid/menta I think but without a pet (untill mind control but that is wank I heard).

When i played priest in beta i could chain solo those +2 lvls higher then me without downtime...

Just use ur HoT and good dmg compared to mana drain nukes , and then wand.

And the DoT ofc

Event

Fledgling Freddie
Spirit tap is great for soloing pve but aint so good if u grpd all the time as chances are u wont get the kill.

Also imo spirit tap is useless for pvp so when u reach pvp stage it is worth respeccing out of it for something more useful.

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Event said:
Spirit tap is great for soloing pve but aint so good if u grpd all the time as chances are u wont get the kill.

Also imo spirit tap is useless for pvp so when u reach pvp stage it is worth respeccing out of it for something more useful.

1. Spirit Tap works no matter if your group kills the mob it just has to be green+
2. Wouldn't bother with wand spec as I got one of the best wands ingame atm (from a raid quest) and the 60-100 damage is laughable ;) I rather hit with my staff (just use my wand for extra stats as I can equip it nonetheless).
3. Improving Renew has not much use. It's a HoT spell and it's values are way too low to keep someone healed and it's heal/mana ratio is lower then a good flash heal (on which you can even gain critical heals).

In my experience I found Holy talents quite laughable. I would stick mostly to Discipline and Shadow. The enhance on the shadow DoT is very nice (bringing you up to about 1100+ damage when it's done ticking and this works very nice on bosses (as spells get resisted a lot and this ticks on once it sticks)). Just my view on the talents and my experience with playing a priest.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I agree with Khale - from my experience, the holy talent tree is a bit of a joke.

Apart from subtelty (spelling, probably), most of the Holy tree is rather weak compared to the discipline and shadow choices... it seems a waste to spend 20 talents on Holy, when only a few of them are going to be of real use

something like this would be far better:

Spirit Tap Rank 5
Improved Shadow Word: Pain Rank 2
Shadow Focus Rank 5
Mind Flay Rank 1
Shadow Reach Rank 3
Vampiric Embrace Rank 1
Shadow Total: 22

Discipline Mastery
Unbreakable Will Rank 5
Mental Agility Rank 5
Improved Inner Fire Rank 3
Mental Strength Rank 5
Meditation Rank 5
Inner Focus Rank 1
Discipline Total: 29

The upper tier Discipline talents are FAR more useful than the holy ones - increased mana regen, bigger mana pool - rather than an increase in healing done by greater heals - most of the time, they take too long to cast anyway, and you end up casting small heals.

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
And putting stuff into shadow or discipline talents doesn't make you a bad healer... the heal spells are all fine and you got about 4 or 5 different heals to choose from (can even cast the lower ranked ones..) So don't worry about healing that much ;)

One thing about Fade. Save it till the mobs start coming to you. Cause casting this at start is kinda waiting for trouble. It's more of a clean my aggro instead of prevent new aggro. (At least that's how I use it and it works fine).

Furthermore Fear can be a very handy tool. And Silence is a talent. So it's gonna cost some stuff to get that.

Race: Doesn't matter much
Attributes: Go for Stamina (Health/HP) and Intelligence (Mana/Power)

The more Mana you got the more you can heal and the more stamina you got the more you got a chance to survive.

That should be enough ;) Having fun is the biggest part!!

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Undead priests for teh win! Or something... the 10% shadow resist as a racial ability.... :D

Spirit is probably more useful at lower levels while XPing than intelligence for a priest - spirit affects mana regen speed, while int affects max mana.

The Shadow Talent spirit tap is damn useful for getting mana back after a fight, especially when soloing.

A must have though, is improved power word: shield rank 3. These 3 talents will save your backside a hundred times over, and your group a thousand times.

:D

Galelawyn

Fledgling Freddie
revamped my spec a bit , yet I still have 19 holy ( had to put 2 leftover points and put it in improved healing, if anyone has any suggestions )

Shadow Mastery

Spirit Tap Rank 5
Blackout Rank 5
Improved Shadow Word: Pain Rank 2
Mind Flay Rank 1
Improved Fade Rank 2

Shadow Total: 20

Discipline Mastery

Unbreakable Will Rank 5
Improved Mana Burn Rank 2

Discipline Total: 12

Holy Mastery
Holy Specialization Rank 5
Spiritual Healing Rank 5
Subtlety Rank 5
Improved Healing Rank 2
Improved Flash Heal Rank 2

Holy Total: 19

This gives me everything I really want of the Holy tree ( being Subtetly and Imp Flash heal ) The only really good things in Disci tree ( I think ) are the Improved power words and improved mana burn and ofc the resist stunn stuff, well, the shadow skills speak for themselves I think , any thoughts anyone? Ty ^^

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Gela, afaik, you need 15 points in Discipline before you can get Improved Mana Burn...

And don't discount the improved inner fire talent, or the inner focus... both have the ability to make your priest a lot harder to kill, and able to hit a lot harder

:)

If you take 2/5 improved mind blast instead of 5/5, you can get an extra 3 points.

These, with the 2 from improved healing can get you Mental Agility 5/5, and the 15 points needed for Improved mana burn.

:D

Johl

Fledgling Freddie
How about this as a spec for group-pvp?

Discipline Talents (13 points)

Unbreakable Will - 5/5 points
Increases your chance to resist Stun, Fear, and Silence effects by 15%.

Improved Power Word: Shield - 3/3 points
Reduces the duration of your Power Word: Shield's Weakened Soul effect by 15 seconds.

Improved Power Word: Fortitude - 2/2 points
Increases the effect of your Power Word: Fortitude spell by 30%.

Martyrdom - 2/2 points
Gives you a 100% chance to gain the Focused Casting effect that lasts for 6 seconds after being the victim of a critical strike. The Focused Casting effect prevents you from losing casting time when taking damage.

Focused Casting - 1/1 point
While active, you no longer lose casting time from taking damage. Lasts 8 seconds.

Holy Talents (17 points)

Holy Specialization - 5/5 points
Increases the critical effect chance of your Holy spells by 5%.

Spiritual Healing - 5/5 points
Increases the amount healed by your healing spells by 10%.

Inspiration - 5/5 points
Increases your target's armor value from items by 25% for 15 seconds after getting a critical effect from your Flash Heal, Heal, Greater Heal, or Prayer of Healing spell.

Improved Flash Heal - 2/2 points
Gives you a 70% chance to avoid interruption caused by damage while casting Flash Heal.

Shadow Talents (21 points)

Blackout - 5/5 points
Gives your Shadow damage spells a 10% chance to stun the target for 3 seconds.

Shadow Focus - 5/5 points
Reduces your target's chance to resist your Shadow spells by 10%.

Mind Flay - 1/1 point
Assault the target's mind with Shadow energy, causing 75 damage over 3 seconds and slowing the target to 50% of their movement speed.

Improved Psychic Scream - 2/2 points
Reduces the cooldown of your Psychic Scream ability by 4 seconds.

Improved Mind Blast - 5/5 points
Reduces the cooldown of your Mind Blast spell by 2.5 seconds.

Shadow Reach - 2/3 points
Increases the range of your Shadow damage spells by 13%.

Silence - 1/1 point
Silence the target, preventing them from casting spells for 5 seconds.

The points spent on holy talents will make you cast as many and as effective Flash heals as possible without being interrupted. For that purpous I've put points on Martyrdom and Focused Casting in the Discipline line aswell, and PW:S and PW:F because I've heard they are nice to have.

In between the heals you use the instants from the Shadow line as CC. Mind Flay, Psychic Scream and Silence as pure CC and Improved Mind Blast as damage with a 10% stun chance.

Improved Inner Fire would be nice to have but I don't know if it's worth dropping Silence or Improved Flash Heal for it.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Doesn't look too bad Johl, but no one here can really tell since level 60 pvp is beyond us at the moment :)

I'd reccomend getting Spirit Tap 5/5 while leveling though.. makes solo questing a lot easier.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
ive heard alot of good things about priests, and at the moment im considering making one, it all depends on if im alliance or horde tho, if im horde ill go for a tauren shaman or tauren warrior, if alliance its between gnome rouge, gnome warrior or a priest.

ive heard that priest is very powerful in pvp?? if so ill make one for pvp.

Johl

Fledgling Freddie
SilverHood said:
Doesn't look too bad Johl, but no one here can really tell since level 60 pvp is beyond us at the moment :)

I'd reccomend getting Spirit Tap 5/5 while leveling though.. makes solo questing a lot easier.

Yes, Im planning to go Shadow/Disc while leveling and then respec to my trispec when i hit 60 for pvp.

gia

Fledgling Freddie
Martyrdom+Focused Casting and Improved Flash Heal is kinda redundant, it's usually one or the other.

I was planning on this trispec before deciding to make a warrior. :)

I'm not a big fan of silence, too many points in shadow for little value and Mana Burn can be very effective against paladins/shamans. This build is also a better healer overall and that's what you're gonna do most of the time in a group. Good for instances as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom