Predictive Defence

X

xane

On Omaha Beach, as Axis, I often get an Engineer and lay charges all up the slope leading to the town, then sit and wait in one of the pillboxes. Before not too long a jeep or tank will come whizzing up the road in an effort to cap the upper base flag, but gets decimated by my charges. The pillboxes have ammo resupplies so its constantly getting refreshed and the MG mounts can reach most of the fortification area to snipe off the odd enemy soldier.

I call this "predictive defence", you know what the enemy will do to skip past and cap flags, any other suggestions ?

Another one is on Kharkov with the hill in the middle and the two sets of bridges, you can take a lone bazooka man to the northern bridge and cover it for anyone trying to sneak round, in most cases a single shot to the rear is an instant kill :)

L

lolvenom

I heard that if you mine both the bridges on OMG then the enemy can't get across, is this true???

C

.Cask

I used to set exp packs at the top of the ramps on Omaha but pretty soon I started to feel so guilty for all the cheap kills. Gotta see it from their point of view; they've just crossed the beach dodging snipers and artillery shells, then they ran up the ramp avoiding grenades, machine gun fire and tanks and they've still got to get over the ramp and fight through the Axis spawn point to cap the flag. It's hard enough without certain instant death waiting for them at the top of the ramp :(

I always go Allies these days, it's pretty unfulfilling especially when the entire team goes sniper but it's more of a challenge. Anyone else found exp packs dissapear after a while? Happened a couple of times on Aberdeen this morning and it's a pretty stupid feature. I can understand mines dissapearing but not exp packs.

C

Cdr

Exp packs do disappear after a certain amount of time, they also disappear if you lay more than 8(?), and if you die your exp packs will be removed.

It is rather annoying that they do get removed if you leave them there over the required time, especially if they disappear just before a tank rolls across :(

L

lolvenom

What about if you're defending predictively with them?

B

bids

BoB - camping the AA on enemy airfield / mining their planes.

Predictive defence that'll get you banned bar the EA servers.

E

Embattle

On Omaha Beach, as Axis, I just sit in my tank on either the left or right side just beyond the ridge of the ramps. I then just wait for any personal to come up and try to reach the trench and kill them, normally the mines take care of the jeeps and tanks that try and rush up the hill...any that escape only face my Tiger :)

The real problem on publics is the lack of any people skilled in using the Ship to target the tanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom