predicting the friday news

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
a new game ^^
see who can get closest to the news

will be something about 1.68 testing going well, still plan to release this month

links to catacombs site
possibly link to the pics of frontiers

absolutly nothing about the crap state of the prydwen gameboy

tips on how to use something basic like /assist

maybe a bit of roleplay info about elphs

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
sounds about right :(
they will probably say about some bug they found in testing too :p

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Lol most likely right there .. only thing you missed out on is the new lvl5 quest they added ;)

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe, quite funny.

But...

Friday News doesn't have to be groundbreaking, just so long as there's info coming back to the community on what is going on :)

The actual community related stuff seems to have slipped, they seemed to be doing well for a while, but probably with Kemor going there has been a lot of changeover stuff to sort out so fair enough.

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
lol :)

Be nice if they at least recognised the fact that the servers cant handle the player load atm :(

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
you think you have it bad?

German servers are having between 5 and 20 zonecrashes A DAY. You've had what, one in the last week and Excalibur hasn't crashed in weeks...

Yup looks like GOA hate you.

Voltage

Fledgling Freddie
Ssera said:

German servers are having between 5 and 20 zonecrashes A DAY. You've had what, one in the last week and Excalibur hasn't crashed in weeks...

all I know is that at the moment, ANY form of organised RvR in mid frontier will lead to a zone crash. Even a (simple?) keep take and hold, which used to be fine, we had 3 or 4 outages.

Now yes, it might be worse on the German servers, but I dont know about that cos I play on prydwen, nor does it make any difference to our complaints. The server stability is substandard, and a valid cause for annoyance in GOA's general direction.

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
Voltage said:
all I know is that at the moment, ANY form of organised RvR in mid frontier will lead to a zone crash. Even a (simple?) keep take and hold, which used to be fine, we had 3 or 4 outages.

Now yes, it might be worse on the German servers, but I dont know about that cos I play on prydwen, nor does it make any difference to our complaints. The server stability is substandard, and a valid cause for annoyance in GOA's general direction.

I'm just trying to break the whole "GOA hates the English speaking servers 'cos no other server has troubles like us boohoo".

Anyway I've only been aware of the 1 zonecrash in mid frontier recently (after rr attempt) not 3 or 4....

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Prob sumink like ....
Hi der m8s!
Bug, sorry, closing server, mids get 'nerfed' <lies>, lag, bugs, Tip of the week : /face!
kkthxbb

Corran

Part of the furniture
Ssera said:
I'm just trying to break the whole "GOA hates the English speaking servers 'cos no other server has troubles like us boohoo".

Anyway I've only been aware of the 1 zonecrash in mid frontier recently (after rr attempt) not 3 or 4....

well we had 3 or 4 in a 15minute spam on a keep take only.

then we had a relic raid crash

then we had 2+ on another keep take

then we had emain go down (3-4fg non anon albs+???mids at time)

So we go down more then enough to have an official statement about the state of our server. excaliber run with 5 times our numbers 24/7 and dont crash, why should we suffer!?

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
All in all a pretty accurate description of the Friday news. :)

I think we can take GOA's glossing over of server problems as them saying 'yeah we know there's a problem but we're not doing anything about it yet'.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Friday news is up now, and as predicted not a thing about the lag people have been experiencing on prydwen, namely Midgard.

At best i reckon they hope patching to 1.68 will solve the problem which is why they havent said anything yet. One thing for the sure if it doesnt there buggered sideways with an oversized bargepole, because i doubt they even know what is causing the problem, otherwise it would have been fixed by now.

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Servers are generally ok, i've only had problems in Uppland.

Been on 2 recent relic raids that have ended up with the server crashing and have had 5-6 crashes defending fensalir faste against the mid retake force.

Not that bothered, its just frustrating for any leader to put in effort only to end up back in apk half way through a raid, and people dont really want to do it again until they feel something has changed.

Aarween

Fledgling Freddie
Ssera said:

if you order a meal at like McDonalds... and they serve you like 1 french frie... then you wonder why you didn't get more... would you accept the answer "Think of the children in Africa, they get even less"

people pay for playing daoc... they do not pay for Zone Crashes... doesn't really matter who get most zone crashes... The Germans pay just as little for them as we do... none should have them...

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
If there were no Friday News you would be whinning because they don't communicate enough.

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
Aarween said:
if you order a meal at like McDonalds... and they serve you like 1 french frie... then you wonder why you didn't get more... would you accept the answer "Think of the children in Africa, they get even less"

people pay for playing daoc... they do not pay for Zone Crashes... doesn't really matter who get most zone crashes... The Germans pay just as little for them as we do... none should have them...

Yes none should have them. Why are you not complaining that there's nothing in the news about the problems on the German servers?

(oh and it would be like McDonalds giving me 99 out of 100 fries and telling me "sorry the machine isn't working well, could be worse - look at all those guys over there, they only got half and they paid the same as you...").

Speeedy

Fledgling Freddie
Ssera said:
Yes none should have them. Why are you not complaining that there's nothing in the news about the problems on the German servers?

(oh and it would be like McDonalds giving me 99 out of 100 fries and telling me "sorry the machine isn't working well, could be worse - look at all those guys over there, they only got half and they paid the same as you...").

It dont effect us what happens on the German servers so why mention it? But what happens on Prydwen does.. so we whine about that :twak:

Yes feel sorry about the Germans not having a smooth running server but do they moan to GOA about Prydwen being run on a NES ? dont think they do and couldnt blame them either.

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
Speeedy said:
It dont effect us what happens on the German servers so why mention it? But what happens on Prydwen does.. so we whine about that :twak:

Yes feel sorry about the Germans not having a smooth running server but do they moan to GOA about Prydwen being run on a NES ? dont think they do and couldnt blame them either.

It does affect you though because your problem is swamped by the German one. Goa will fix the German servers (they will 'cos it's the majority of their paying customers) and then go off happy that they fixed the problem and dismiss Prydwen as "the english speaking players who have been whining since day one about everything we've ever done/not done".

German servers have problems, English servers have problems. Why continue to whine about them in your own corners? Why not try and get help from the Germans who can whine a lot louder than you? It won't cost them anything, and it could get you what you want...

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
You guys dont think there is german versions of Freddyshouse where alot of their users hang out? Germans dosnt whine more or less than us I can almost promise you that - saying that "Why dont you whine about the problems on the German servers?" is kind stupid cause who does that? They dont complain about Prydwen? Why would I get really angry with Excal being down when it dosnt affect me much? I get angry and annoyed when the server with my main characters, all my ingame friends and the people whom Ive come to know is laggy because thats where I spend my time ingame. Strange? Not really.

In my mind it all comes down to the fact that GOA can post alot of news without it concerning the current problems - they have and they will - its horrible customer support and shows what they care about - money. I mean it would have been nice to get info on expansions and stuff months and months away if the damn servers were working as they should - now its just GOA pi***ng in our faces while we have to stand there.

Id be amazed if anyone from GOA watches these boards with Kemor gone...as usual with vital information they havnt announced anything about a new guy getting hired or the old one leaving.... :puke:

Minimez

Fledgling Freddie
If they dont sort out lag and A newer , better run game comes along [No names mentioned] Then they WILL lose a lot of there customers :p

Elendar said:
a new game ^^
see who can get closest to the news

will be something about 1.68 testing going well, Patrick smith our head midget patch tester is giving us the thumbs up.....unfortunately due to his small legs patrick is taking his time to bring us the final word due to the lift being stuck on the ground floor - still plan to release this month

links to catacombs site
possibly link to the pics of frontiers

absolutly nothing about the crap state of the prydwen gameboy apart from the new gameboy Advance update in 4 years time

tips on how to use something basic like /assist

maybe a bit of roleplay info about elphs

i'd say that be more to it elen :)

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Aarween said:

´
Word imo.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Ssera said:

Because these are English server forums, not German.. Doubt many of us play in the German servers, so nobody gives a damn.

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
Dreami said:
Because these are English server forums, not German.. Doubt many of us play in the German servers, so nobody gives a damn.

didn't a load of them come on to pryd/hib this weekend with /level animists and crash the zones 'cos they were angry Dartmoor was down? Dartmoor Mushrooms I think they were called...

Aldrick

Fledgling Freddie
Ssera said:
didn't a load of them come on to pryd/hib this weekend with /level animists and crash the zones 'cos they were angry Dartmoor was down? Dartmoor Mushrooms I think they were called...
Thats the only downside with mmorpg, so many pathetic kids playing.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Ssera said:
German servers have problems, English servers have problems. Why continue to whine about them in your own corners? Why not try and get help from the Germans who can whine a lot louder than you? It won't cost them anything, and it could get you what you want...

same germans who came to prydwen with 60+ /level 30 animists with the goal to crash the server? :D

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
GrivneKelmorian said:
same germans who came to prydwen with 60+ /level 30 animists with the goal to crash the server? :D

yup 'cos there's 60 germans on Dartmoor only.

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
Aldrick said:
Thats the only downside with mmorpg, so many pathetic kids playing.

u could actually argue that what they did was very, very smart. if they crash another server, thats x amount of other people complaining about a sever crashing, if they do it enough, well that could be a hell of a lot of people, u know the saying, actions speak louder than words. i doubt they did it because it was an english server or for any other reason other than trying to get themselves heard, because obviously its been well proven goa dont listen to letters / complaints.

stanleycup

Fledgling Freddie
Voltage said:

Does that include being rebuffed by cleric in Odin with 1 fg and the zone crashes. Simple to solve use no effects do not get buffed sont use special skills and dont go out with more then 3 peeps in total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom