pre order us vs eur?!

ghaos smaug

Fledgling Freddie
hi all,

got a question about preordering the ce box.

as I want to be able to play with my european friends on a european server, but live in mexico,and doint see a way to get my hands on a ce box from eu.. will i be able the activate the ce box bought in the states on an eu server?

my guess is no way, but one can only hope!

greetz
Ghaos

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
who knows. in the past often games just have a file which it reads to tell the game which region login servers should be accessed. u change that and u can login to different regions.
From what i understand all updates are likely to be done around the same time, so likely to use pretty much the same game versions for all regions.

but thats just guess work

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
I'm afraid you won't be able to do so :(

What you could do though is just buy the american box for the books and tabletop figure, but then buy the EU version of the game for the codes.

I do realise that would cost you lots more cash than it would simply buying the EU CE box, but I don't see another way (aside of 1 of your friends buying the EU CE box for you and sending you the package, but then of course you'll have huge shipment costs and will have to wait a while longer before you get the books in your hands...)

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
as I want to be able to play with my european friends on a european server, but live in mexico
Well, if you're not too fussed about the head-start, you could just pre-order a normal edition of the eu game and use that.

Regarding open beta - well. I'm not sure if any of your friends are in closed beta at the moment - and I'm not sure if they are allowed to give their pre-order open beta key to you - but that would be one solution if so.

Iain - that last question goes for in-europe as well. Are those that are in closed beta allowed to give their pre-order open beta keys to friends that didn't get hold of a collector's edition box? (given that closed beta participants get transferred to open beta, of course)

Nate

FH is my second home
Different company, different codes. You'll need to Order it from a European Retailer to get the European Version of the CE.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Iain - that last question goes for in-europe as well. Are those that are in closed beta allowed to give their pre-order open beta keys to friends that didn't get hold of a collector's edition box? (given that closed beta participants get transferred to open beta, of course)

'Allowed' is probably too strong a word but I believe it will be possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom