[QUESTION] PQ's Healing/Contribution

dee777

Loyal Freddie
I have found a few little tricks that seem to work for me as a zealot soloing in PQ - instead of focusing on doing damage I get one of the moderately hard (usually second stage) mobs to pound on me lots while I heal up - eventually others come n kill it off but the massive amount of healing up till that point can put me in the top 4 for contribution then its just down to rolls.

Thats evil genius at its best. :D

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Tbh tho its a hell of a lot easier on my dps tank where I can regularly come first or place high coming in after a round or two - lol!

Yep, my swordmaster gets +450/500 every single time, coming second only to a guild BW who goes nuke-happy. My AM rarely breaks a +100 contribution even when i go nuke-happy...

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
Yep, my swordmaster gets +450/500 every single time, coming second only to a guild BW who goes nuke-happy. My AM rarely breaks a +100 contribution even when i go nuke-happy...
Well, our nuking (AM's) is somewhat akin to the farts of an angry gopher....

talima

Fledgling Freddie
well the contribution comes from all stages not just the boss fight right?
i play a DoK so i dont really have the option to just heal to test it, i mean i could i guess just no reason to ;)

if im there from the start ill usually be top 3-5 , tank does tend to get top i agree on that.

but cant say i really care about the contrib i seem to roll under ten if im top 3 and over 900 when i turn up late and rank in at 12+ and the loot is generally nothing special its the elite influence reward that is the money shot and we all get that so meh who cares :m00:

rynnor

Rockhound
Well while we are talking PQs I can confirm that if no-one does it for a while or it gets failed a few times the quality of the loot improves from the lesser bags to purple with occasional blue - nice mechanics - I like it :)

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, from what I gather the contribution is from all stages of the PQ. The reason I care about the contribution being accurate....not so much the bonus to the roll but just the damn reflection on the effort I've put in! I'd be lying if I said I didn't want the bonus to the roll, it is definitely getting more than a bit annoying now constantly hearing the same 2-3 people (tanks) exclaiming over their gold/purple loot bag of fatness on vent.

I'd settle for a blue.....second hand at that...

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
Actually i agree, even though i'm not playing healer... I (as a tank) can often wander in as a stage 3 is starting and taunt the boss mob on me, stack up some more aggro with abilities and end up in the top 3-4 contributors much to my own surprise.

Something isn't as it should be, even if i benefit from the way things are in the short run i won't in the long run if healers don't feel there's anything to gain from keeping me alive.

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, so I was doing some more PQ's this evening.

Same as usual, though I did try something different. In the first phase this time I ran around like a loon dotting everything and then healed the crap out of myself.....until a tank came and pulled everything off me. Buggers kept on doing that so I couldn't build aggro contribution either. End result here - Contribution +95 yet again! Nice.

However, we also went into Gunbad (or however it's spelt). In there we completed three PQ's, and in all I was main healer (there was another AM mostly DPS'ing, throwing heals where needed). In here, even though I didn't do virtually any damage (as usual), I scored first on contribution! Freaking amazed, though of-course the game didn't disappoint when it came to rolling, finished with either a white bag or no bag at all.

Meh, I really don't know, it just feels wrong.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Haven't really done many PQ's "properly" usually I'm AoE farming all the stages with a small group (3-5) and I come #1 atleast 70% of the time, sometimes losing to our sorc. I don't DPS except on the last stage of certain PQ's where the healing is fairly easy going, where HoTs are enough. Throughout stage 1, and usually stage 2, I just use spreadheals.

Zagzyg

Loyal Freddie
Well, my assumption was always that over healing wouldn't earn me points, so I heal when needed, mainly just the instant HoT, and dot and beam on assist to who ever is near by the rest of the time. The instant HoT is all that most need for the first to 100 stages.
I have no problem finishing high in the table, got my Topper title.
If I try to solo, my damage output is low compared to others and it takes a long time to kill anythinh, so my contribution goes way down.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well last night i was doin Elf ch4 kill 8 repeaters, 30 uthionan warriors etc. I soloed the first two steps, when boss came i started kiting him around pulling guards on him, then a runie came along started healing me so i tanked the boss down. And look at what happened during the last 40% the runie got 1st contribution spot, winning the blue bag. :(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
This may have been posted elsewhere, checked a little but couldn't find anything (maybe I fail completely, it is well known and most likely documented somewhere).

I've experimented with this a few ways and basically (and I could be wrong) I don't see any encouragement to actually heal.

I've done some with groups of friends, where I am literally the only healer present (we're talking no other healing abilties in the group, just tank and pure dps WH's, BW's etc). Now when it's all over, my contribution is like 95 or something (the lowest out of all present), the tank is 500 and the dps in between. That's with me just healing everyone, by that I mean I am constantly healing, not stopping and standing around like a lemon.

Now, when I mix in damage my contribution goes up, normally to the mid range where the damage dealers are, but again the tank is quite happily sitting on max. But when I go pure damage, only doing "Force Transfer" as healing and not even bothering with hots/shields etc, I can get max myself...(in this test there was another AM present who did the main healing, he got 150 contribution or something)

Seems somewhat unfair if you ask me. Without the healing we wouldn't have been able to complete the PQ at all (likewise without the tank it wouldn't happen), so surely their contribution should be more equal (certainly not one of them being right at the bottom of the list).

The main problem that stems from this, is simply that I won't heal at PQ's unless it's absolutely required, and then only on the tank. Why should I "waste" my time healing people when I get bugger all from it?

I'm wondering if any other healers have noticed/looked into this (or would be willing to check it as well) as it's more than slightly annoying.

Also (in relation to this) if you heal people randomly at PQ's (as in if you are not grouped with people there) you gain 0 influence, however damaging the mobs does net you a % of the influence that mob gives based upon your damage done. Another superb healing encouragement there I think.

never had any problems with healing not adding to contribution points.. more often then not i'm placed pretty high up when i do nothing but heal on my DoK. and if i cyckle with dealing damage on the bosses its usually 1:st or 2:nd place.

Kerig

Fledgling Freddie
Well this is the thing, I see lots of comments from Destruction "healers" stating they just damage as well as healing, but most frequently on Order we don't have the time to do damage at all, as the tanks (or some idiot DPS pulling aggro) will go byebye if I interrupt my healing at all. Distinct lack of healers I'd say combined with a crapski contribution calculation for healing.

have to admit as destro in PQ's i rarely have to do much healing, just spam a few hots on folks occasionally. Even when im the only healer there I spend at least 50% of my time doing dps.

i usually finish in the top 4 or so for contribution, and have had top 500 many times, although it does seem to vary a lot at random. Sometimes i can get 250, then will repeat the pq playing exactly the same and get 500. healing must count for something though as there is no way im out dpsing any of the other folks there.

ps. i always seem to score low if im solo vs being in a group.

Flicks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom