power, power pool, power pool cap

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Can someone explain the difference (by answering the 3 questions)

I have an item with say +9 power what does that +9 power do. whats the cap limit on this + to power

I have 25% power pool bonus. (even though when I add up all my items it should be 35%, I assume this means the standard cap on power pool is 25%)

Power pool cap, I understand what this is but whats the cap on how much cap you can have?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
power and power% works exactely like str for example

except that the base power% is 25%, and you can overcap it by 50 - so max 75%, if you have 75% power and 50 powercap

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
+50 powercap also increased the spellcraft-able power points you can maximum recieve.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
it all makes perfect sense except for what does say +9 power do.

Note: not power pool or power cap think i got those 2 sussed, just say +9 power.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
9 power = 9 points of power, as in, a spell costs xx points of power

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
+power from normal items, as in non-toa bonus has a cap of 25-6, probably same figures as resists and other stuff. and with the +50 powercap from toa bonuses you'll be able to get +75-6 power and 75% power (which i'd guess is a lot ;-D

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
Appropo powerpool..here is a 72% temp for your anis:)

http://joorshare.dk/anitemp.txt

Cap Increases
25 Power
25 Int
19 Dex
7 Str

Other Bonuses
72 Power Percentage Bonus
24 Spell Duration Bonus
12 Casting Speed Bonus

censi

Can't get enough of FH
so +9 power in just the non TOA equivalent of +Power pool?

mjanota

Fledgling Freddie
isnt it better if you put the actuall earned rps insteed of ebayed ones? :)

mby put price insteed xD

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
you are not telling us, that you think censi got ebayed I hope ?

liloe

It's my birthday today!
ok, I will try.

When I calculate my powerpool on Dierna (by using FoP value x20 cause of 5% regen) I come to 700 power.

Now if I equip your item with +9power, I get to 709 in total, which means I can cast like 1/3 minor heal extra or so. The cap on this +power is 26, as it uses same formula as resists.

Now if I get +10% ( PERCENT ) power bonus, this will bring me from 700 to 770 power. The cap here is 25% base ( lvl/2 )

Now if I want more power, I have to use +powercap items. These increase the cap by the exact given number. So +6 powercap ( on the ML9 shield for instance ), means the following:
- I can get +32 power
- I can get +31% powerpool

However, they do NOT increase your power with it, just like with any other +cap item.

This means if I want 30% powerpool, I need at least +5 powercap.

Looking at the spellcosts, you can easily determine that +power is a total waste of points, because even when capping it I'd get like half a spreadheal or 1 single heal more, sacrificing a lot of other stuff for it.

Also note that +power% does NOT apply to Ethereal Bond as stated in some Grab Bag ( ok, that's what Mythic says and in this case I didn't check it )

Hope this helps censi =)

Oh and yer, interesting, someone else is riding realmbike Tyka now, guess another person that doesn't know how to play eld or so =)

Footnote: No, I don't have 700 power on Dierna without +power% items already equipped, it was just a number to make the examples and I'm not even 100% sure that you can determine your powerpool as simple as that =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom