Power, Power Cap Increase and % Power Pool

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
Im currently creating a template for my necro and cleric and im confused as to how Power, Power Cap Increase and % Power Pool all work?

Anyone know exactly what they do, if so please explain.

Many thanks

jolt

Fledgling Freddie
The normal powerpoolcap is at 25%.
All the + powercap counts on the powerpool to, and the max amount of powercap you can have is +25.
so the max amount of powerpool you can have on a char is 50%

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
In a standard SI-class template you can have:

+26 Power - ie Units of power each spell takes to cast.

With TOA, a new bonus was introduced:

+25% powerpool - ie your power increases by this %

As with other stats, eg Str and Hits, you can increase the cap on both Power and Power%.

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
Ok thx alot, according to Loki adding +25 Power cap increases both Power Pool and Power. If that is the case then in theory a template can have both 50% Power Pool and 50 Power or are Power and %Power Pool effectively the same thing?

Kcinimodus

Fledgling Freddie
They're not the same. And afaik +50 powercap (so 75% powerbonus possible) is the cap, not +25. You don't wanna include +power in your template (the 'old' power: ie Units of power each spell takes to cast), because it gives little advantage for alot of imbue points.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Without any cap increases you can have:
+26 power
25% power

You can increase these values by getting +power cap by upto 50, thereby bringing the total increase you can get to
+76 power
75% power
The +powercap items increase both caps at the same time.

As pointed out only the % one is really worth bothering about as just adding +power gives you such a small amount of return for the imbue points.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
powercap only raises the cap of your powerpool

so you'd need 15 powercap and 40% power for example :) max on powercap is 50, so with 50 powercap you could get 75% powerpool

items with powercap you might be able to use are cloak of the zephyr, ring of calm, lightning embossed chain (?) helm, etc

or search for rogs

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
A good way to measure ur size of power pool (including RAs, ToA bonus, Stats) is simply to drain some power and then rest in a FoP and notice how much u regen per tick.

For me its:
Cabby (75% , 100 int) = 50
Cleric (30% 100 Piety) = 36
Mincer (12% 75 Char) = 21

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
powercap only raises the cap of your powerpool

so you'd need 15 powercap and 40% power for example :) max on powercap is 50, so with 50 powercap you could get 75% powerpool

items with powercap you might be able to use are cloak of the zephyr, ring of calm, lightning embossed chain (?) helm, etc

or search for rogs

Lightning Etched Chain Helm on alb :) which i have, but saving it for a rainy day / a template that requires it, unless i get an offer i cant refuse oO :m00:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Refer to the following VNBoards thread for tests of power pool cap: http://vnboards.ign.com/Hibernia_Naturalist_Professions/b20910/70404211/?75

Points of note:
- Standard power pool cap is level / 2 = 25%
- Power pool cap can be increased using appropriate power cap items
- Maximum power cap is level = 50
- Maximum power pool is thus 25% + 50% = 75%
- Acuity seems to only add 2 power per point (at least for Druids according to the testing)

Useful items with power cap (off the top of my head): Cloudsong, Ring of Calm, Cloak of the Zephyr, Jacina's Sash(?), Zahur's Necklace, Enchanted Runed Defender, Lightning Etched Chain Helm, Choker of the Zephyr(?), Hammer of Apollo, etc.

(Argh, done too many Druid templates recently. :mad: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom