Power pool

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Something has been bugging me alot recently. As someone who has spent alot of time making and revising templates it is a little difficult to see exactly what effect certain changes have on your power pool. I am aware that you can use fop as a rough guide to how much power you have but this becomes increasing harder when you start to get a very large pool and can only make minor adjustments. Particular when you are at the point of trading the addatives; (acuity,Aug acuity, +power , +power% and Etheral bond) amoungst each other to find the optimal result.

Hitpoints have a clear total so my suggestion would be why cant power pool as well?

- You then could clearly see the relationship between EB and +power and +power%
- You could easily tell what effect raising your casting stat has and the stacking effect the RAs will have
- You can easily test different setups to see which will produce optimal results, where only 1-2% power pool is in question.

Alternatvely if anyone knows of a UI or anything that already gives you this info I would really appreciate a link.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Ballard said:
Alternatvely if anyone knows of a UI or anything that already gives you this info I would really appreciate a link.

fop does what you ask

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
you need to read posts properly before you reply, he is asking for something more accurate than FoP, as FoP has a give or take 20 sorta thing goin on, he wants to weed each and every point that he can.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
actually i did miss the line he said about fop not being useful enough, but still i believe fop (+ calculations) is the best way

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
there's no decent method currently other than the fop+calculations,

unless you want to try casting spells till you're oop (the old method) which also involves factoring out the natural power regen so probably less accurate.

It's not available to the UIs as a number just a %age.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
fop gives about 35-40 power each regen.. do the maths

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
AngelHeal said:

it's 5% I think so times whatever it gives you by 20 for your full powerpool

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
it's 5% I think so times whatever it gives you by 20 for your full powerpool

but u see a message: u get 35-40 power from a magical font.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:

either you're drunk...or not so good at reading?..or maybe im drunk?

Jimmae

One of Freddy's beloved
just duel a convoker with a power trap.. power trap goes off, says how much power you've lost, duel ends.. some simple maths later, you know how much power you have.

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:

Flim means the number you're seeing (35-40 in your case) is 5% of your total power pool, which is the the amount FoP gives you power back / regen tick. My chanter gets 50 power from FoP, thus she has total power pool of around 1000.

What Ballard wants is an accurate method of calculating your power pool, with FoP you get +/- 20 accuracy, which isn't accurate enough for him it seems :)

Found this from some old Grab Bag on The Herald:
A: You’re at the right place, I hope. Our Programmer of Power (aka “Ed”) looked directly at the code and provided the following response:

”Power is computed in the following order:

Class/Level
Stat (primary casting stat/acuity)
Direct Power from gear
Power Percent from gear
Power from RA's

“So, the power pool % does affect the power gained from stat bonuses, as well as direct power from gear. The only power it does not affect is power acquired from RA's.

I'm a bit confused as I just read somewhere that EB would be a good way to pump up your PP, but it seems +PP% doesn't affect it :confused:

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
Jimmae said:
just duel a convoker with a power trap.. power trap goes off, says how much power you've lost, duel ends.. some simple maths later, you know how much power you have.

It's not that simple m8. Try it, and tell us accurately how much power does level 50 caster have as base and how much power does acuity give / point. That's all we're missing I think. If we'd know in example that a level 50 caster has 250 power pool as base power, and gets 1 point of power for every acuity point, it would be simple maths.

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
I get 50 pow from fop too so I have between 981 and 1019 power.
What am I supposed to use that to when I need to decide between "1% more pow pool" or 6 pie??

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:

A animist that get less then 50/tick from FoP should remake template.... or roll something that doesn't use power

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
Phoebee-v- said:
A animist that get less then 50/tick from FoP should remake template.... or roll something that doesn't use power

Right, you mean every animist should have 75% powerpool and 300+ acuity buffed? That's when you get 50/tick from FoP.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
I think people misinterpreted my post. It wasnt a plea for ideas to work out how much PP i have, I am quite familar with the ingame methods, none of which are accurate enough or should have to be resorted to. It was just a suggestion that there really isnt any reason why power pool shouldnt be shown much like hit points is.

fl3a said:
actually i did miss the line he said about fop not being useful enough, but still i believe fop (+ calculations) is the best way

At the moment +/- 3% power pool in my template does not effect the regen tick amount for fop.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
I think people misinterpreted my post. It wasnt a plea for ideas to work out how much PP i have, I am quite familar with the ingame methods, none of which are accurate enough or should have to be resorted to. It was just a suggestion that there really isnt any reason why power pool shouldnt be shown much like hit points is.

At the moment +/- 3% power pool in my template does not effect the regen tick amount for fop.

I completely agree, had a hard time kitting out my animist with +power% but things worked out pretty well at the end, The only saving grace is to see your current power pool stat but that doesnt help you guage if its best to loose the utility of other items to get that up another 1 or 2%

And thanks to the other comments in this thread, it really made me smile :)

fl3a said:
fop does what you ask

AngelHeal said:

Phoebee-v- said:

I'll pick myself up off the floor in a minute.

Thank you all for chearing me up on this gloomy wet day

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Nix said:
Right, you mean every animist should have 75% powerpool and 300+ acuity buffed? That's when you get 50/tick from FoP.

Well, ignore buffs, acuity buffs don't increase power pool.

Darzil

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Nix said:

my animist only has 70% pool, 22 int cap and EB2 and allready has 50 power a tick from FOP

Had to make some concessions to template to fit in decent resists and 25% duration :(

BTW i use a mix of cheap RoGs and semi decent items

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
I get 50 pow from fop too so I have between 981 and 1019 power.
What am I supposed to use that to when I need to decide between "1% more pow pool" or 6 pie??

Either 1000-1019 (Mythic's round down anything you get in DAoC) or 990 - 1009. ;)

McDee

Fledgling Freddie
use some power then get some1 to fire the Warlord ML2 iirc its 10% regen to hp/end/power maybe make calculations alot easier

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Im getting around 35 - 38 power pool per tick with my Cleric, with like 35 % power pool. Any idéa spending ra:s to increase power pool? Or getting over 60 % power pool ?

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
fettoken said:
Im getting around 35 - 38 power pool per tick with my Cleric, with like 35 % power pool. Any idéa spending ra:s to increase power pool? Or getting over 60 % power pool ?
Try reading the thread :rolleyes:

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Kathal said:
Try reading the thread :rolleyes:

Try understanding my post... as clerics prolly get less power, they benefit less from power pool etc. And you dont have a cleric do you? no? so beat it xD

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Powerpool Maximization 101

You want to maximize your powerpool? Easy!

Creation:
+18 Acuity at creation

On your template:
+101 Acuity
+26 AcuityCap
+50 PowerCap%
+75 Power%
+76 Power (The +50 powercap% adds 50 cap to your +26 power as well. ;)

Realmabilities to buy:
+48 Acuity (Augmented Acuity 5)
+200 power (Ethereal Bond 5)

The only thing that in the end makes a difference is the startingstat for Acuity of the race you picked to play.

If you're missing any of this, you're not running at full power! This suit will probably horribly mutilate your resists and other stats, but hey, you wanted maximum power. (My summoning SM ticks 53 power of a FoP, and with MLC3 never runs out of power while focussing mobs. It takes longer for the power to drain that it takes MCL to recycle. :)

Nix

Fledgling Freddie
If you can fit +powerpool% into your template, then it's the best way to increase your powerpool. EB seems to be quite useless, Aug Acu works better if you have lots of +powerpool%.

PS. This is all going a bit OT, as Ballard just wanted to find a way how you could see your accurate powerpool somehow, in UI or through calculations :)

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure if you've already done this, why not post in the consultation thread suggesting you'd like to see a number for power pool?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom