Power from screwing the system!

rynnor

Rockhound
Whilst on the bog today I had a revelation as to what must be the worlds most environmentally destructive way to generate power.

In theory you could generate power by running your cold water tap constantly and using the water pressure to run a small dynamo - but by god would it upset the water company if they ever found out (incidentally if anyone did try this dont leave it running at night - they always do their leak detection/diagnostics in the middle of the night and will be able to pinpoint you).

Plus the water board would keep digging up the mains in your area convinced there was a major leak...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
rynnor said:
Whilst on the bog today I had a revelation as to what must be the worlds most environmentally destructive way to generate power.

In theory you could generate power by running your cold water tap constantly and using the water pressure to run a small dynamo - but by god would it upset the water company if they ever found out (incidentally if anyone did try this dont leave it running at night - they always do their leak detection/diagnostics in the middle of the night and will be able to pinpoint you).

Plus the water board would keep digging up the mains in your area convinced there was a major leak...

Unless you're on metered water :eek6:

Chilly

Balls of steel
ever stop and wonder where the pressure comed from? Big fuck off diesel pumps :) What you would be doing is reducing the effcieny of the process to about 2% just to get a few watts out of it

rynnor

Rockhound
Chilly said:
What you would be doing is reducing the effcieny of the process to about 2% just to get a few watts out of it

Aye - tis an evil thought...

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Some arty fart tit said:
"I understand we are in a drought. But I am an artist so I'm not actually wasting water for nothing."

I propose to hang this idiot in the name "art".

rynnor

Rockhound
xane said:
Who do you think you are ? An artist ?

He's not even generating power from it... and what a ridiculous excuse for doing stupid things - when did art become about self promotion - a lot of the award winning art is shit nowadays and the artists are tossers...

I figured a refinement on my idea which would avoid wasting water - put the water wheel within a main water pipe then peoples normal usage would power it though they might experience a slight pressure difference :)

rynnor

Rockhound
JBP| said:
I propose to hang this idiot in the name "art".

Cut him in half down the middle with a chainsaw then display him in a glass tank of formaldehyde - its the way he would have wanted to go :p

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i killed babies and strung their guts up in glass cases.

in the name of art u c.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
rynnor said:
He's not even generating power from it... and what a ridiculous excuse for doing stupid things - when did art become about self promotion - a lot of the award winning art is shit nowadays and the artists are tossers...

I figured a refinement on my idea which would avoid wasting water - put the water wheel within a main water pipe then peoples normal usage would power it though they might experience a slight pressure difference :)
Which would have to be resolved with bigger diesel pumps?

rynnor

Rockhound
MYstIC G said:
Which would have to be resolved with bigger diesel pumps?

Or they just get a barely noticeable loss of pressure but aye - its not perpetual motion :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom