Power cost of baseline spells

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone have any quantitative info or links to tests of how much power baseline nukes cost at various specs, I'm wondering particularly about the difference between 35+15 (or so) vs 50+15, I already know the damage increase will be minimal, but will the power cost be far greater with 35+15 or similar?

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
The power use on baseline nukes for a combined spec of 35+15 will be the same as for 50+15.

Danita

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
And the damage is about 0.5% a point, I believe, so 7.5% increase from the 50 spec.

Darzil

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Thx for info about power, I always thought it would differ.

As for the nuke damage I've tested it with my theurgs spec air nuke and I got around 1% extra damage going from 45+5 to 45+15 IIRC, which is about 0.1% extra damage per skillpoint, which is why I certainly won't be wasting any +air in my next temp. Admittedly this is a spec nuke, so it could be different but I doubt that.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
+1 gives about 0.35%.
I tested with a 70% condition tartaros gift (+3 skills don't work) and with a champion runemaster staff. The champ staff got 1% less magic damage and 3 more +skill since the tartaros is 70 condition. I nuked a mob for 1 whole point more damage with rm staff than with tartaros staff, and it was a task dungeon so all mobs were same level. So that pretty much translates to +3 skill being slightly more than 1% damage, aka 0.35% which is what I read before.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Void959 said:
Thx for info about power, I always thought it would differ.

As for the nuke damage I've tested it with my theurgs spec air nuke and I got around 1% extra damage going from 45+5 to 45+15 IIRC, which is about 0.1% extra damage per skillpoint, which is why I certainly won't be wasting any +air in my next temp. Admittedly this is a spec nuke, so it could be different but I doubt that.

That testing against players with resists?

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Leel said:
+1 gives about 0.35%.
I tested with a 70% condition tartaros gift (+3 skills don't work) and with a champion runemaster staff. The champ staff got 1% less magic damage and 3 more +skill since the tartaros is 70 condition. I nuked a mob for 1 whole point more damage with rm staff than with tartaros staff, and it was a task dungeon so all mobs were same level. So that pretty much translates to +3 skill being slightly more than 1% damage, aka 0.35% which is what I read before.

Perfect examply of how you do _not_ want to test stuff like this.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Ok I re-tested, seems I was wrong about the 1% total.

I simply took of a couple of armour peices with +skill and replaced them with armour containing only +4 Wind magic, so despite having gimped stats, these should be perfectly accurate as far as percentages are concerned. Including the +3 on tarts, total bonus was switched between +6 and +14. I did several tests to try and eliminate error from rounding. Test was on my bot and I used casted spirit resists to give more results.

(Buffed int)

(armour resists only)
439 with +6
455 with +14
3.64%

(with red spirit resists)
328 with +14
340 with +6
3.66%

(with blue spirit resists)
365 with +6
378 with +14
3.56%

Avg: 3.62%

(Unbuffed int)

(armour resists only)
3.62%

(with red spirit resists)
3.73%

(with blue spirit resists)
3.67%

Avg: 3.67%

Overall average damage increase with an extra +8 skill: 3.65%

This means 0.46% per +skill, which would work out at 5.0% for +11 items.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Pirkel said:

Clueless. Just because I did it on mobs, it doesn't mean it's not valid. Was just for percentage damage, nothing else.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Pirkel said:

At least he offered some sugestions and not just pointless dribble to boost their post count.

<guess that makes two of us>

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
At least he offered some sugestions and not just pointless dribble to boost their post count.

<guess that makes two of us>

Actually it would make 3 of us.. :drink:

While I do agree that people who make an effort to actually test stuff shouldn't be flamed just for the sake of it. Coming up with wrong data is often worse than coming up with no data at all. I'm way too tired to actually work out of his test is semi valid at the moment tho, but that's not going to get in the way of my postcount!! (up to a staggeringly high zero atm!)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
can anyone confirm or denie my theory that variance on targets start at the combined spec of your skill ? i am not talking about outright resits which are calculated diferently.

so, imho, with a combined spec of 50 (35 + 15) you start having variance vs lvl 51 tagets.
so with a combined spec of 60 (say 48 + 12) you start having variance vs lvl 61 tagets.
so with a combined spec of 70 (say 50 + 20) you start having variance vs lvl 71 mobs (but hit for shit and will get resisted most of the time anyway)

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
can anyone confirm or denie my theory that variance on targets start at the combined spec of your skill ? i am not talking about outright resits which are calculated diferently.

so, imho, with a combined spec of 50 (35 + 15) you start having variance vs lvl 51 tagets.
so with a combined spec of 60 (say 48 + 12) you start having variance vs lvl 61 tagets.
so with a combined spec of 70 (say 50 + 20) you start having variance vs lvl 71 mobs (but hit for shit and will get resisted most of the time anyway)
Interesting, easiest way to test would probably be to go downwards and get someone to use items giving 48 composite, against a level 48 char. Or 56(?) composite against a juggy1 pet.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
i have 50+20 ice... i have no variance against any of the co5 or azazel mobs.

every nuke is always for exactly the same damge.

anyone with juggernaut 3 around ? that would boost a necro or cabba pet to ... lvl 75 ?

if my theory is correct i should have no varience against a jug 2 pet and have variance against a jug 3 pet.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
argh, just read on the herald that juggernaut caps at level 70

so getting rid of one item with + skill would allow me to test it.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:

Interesting, think you're right. On a slightly related note, why do ice pets have variance on nukes in task dungeon? :-P

Tubbs

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
i have 50+20 ice... i have no variance against any of the co5 or azazel mobs.

every nuke is always for exactly the same damge.

anyone with juggernaut 3 around ? that would boost a necro or cabba pet to ... lvl 75 ?

if my theory is correct i should have no varience against a jug 2 pet and have variance against a jug 3 pet.

+skill on your spell lines only affects the variance of the effect of the spell, it's not level related I.E. 50+10 does not mean level 60.

As far as I know juggernaut is similar to ML 9, in that it only affects melee levels. So if you nuke a cabby pet, you'll hit it as a lvl 44 pet.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Tubbs said:
+skill on your spell lines only affects the variance of the effect of the spell, it's not level related I.E. 50+10 does not mean level 60.

not sure we are discussing the same.
my theory is that vriance occurs when your combined skill is lower than the target you nuke.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Leel said:
Interesting, think you're right. On a slightly related note, why do ice pets have variance on nukes in task dungeon? :-P

i have no clue how theurg ice pets exactly calculate their damage tbh. i don know that task dungeon mobs don`t seem to follow they usual set of rules when it comes to taking damage anyway.

Tubbs

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
not sure we are discussing the same.
my theory is that vriance occurs when your combined skill is lower than the target you nuke.

As far as I'm aware, only damage variance is calculated for the scale of your damage, not damage variation vs target level.

If you really want to find out, what you could do is :-

roll a level 20 nuker
get a sorc to charm a level 21 mob ( so you know it's a +1 level mob)
have the sorc release the mob
prepare a very low spell to nuke it with (to make sure the nuke spell hits it's limits)
use +1 skill on your damage line
now nuke mob repeatedly
change to +0 skill on damage line
give another barrage of nukes

now compare the data
presuming you where doing the max amount of damage using the spell, the nukes data should be the same, with a plus 1 level penality on your nuke damage.

Then again, maybe it will be different ;)

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
I didn't say that mobs in task dungeon are different. I just said it cuz they are all the same level. And you also get variance on the same mob of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom