Power balance band bollocks

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The local butcher just showed me one of these - he'd spent £120 on them over the weekend. I'm a natural sceptic so felt obliged to tell him he'd wasted his money. He then "tested" me, scoring 2 out of 3.

Now to anyone less sceptical the test might seem like a thing of wonder but I wasn't having any of it. I couldn't explain what happened but the presence of the band did seem to improve my balance. I was sure that it was some kind of placebo and something to do with the way the test is set up (as a magician lulls his guests into seeing only what he wants them to see), but I couldn't explain it.

A bit of Googling has explained it though. The next time I see him I'll explain what happened, although since he spent so much money on a rubber band with a holographic sticker I doubt he'll accept the truth.

http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=12256&start=40

Has anyone else come across this nonsense?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yep. If it seems like it must be arse then arse it will be.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Oh lordy lord, scameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Can't you find a good bridge to sell him?

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Has anyone else come across this nonsense?

Yes. Someone I know got one, they usually have what I'd describe as a completely analytical and "rigid" personality when it comes to this kind of snake oil nonsense, he believes none of it. So when I made a joke about it he got really angry trying to defend it and didn't speak to me for days. Very odd reaction, I guess it was mind control :D

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yes. Someone I know got one, they usually have what I'd describe as a completely analytical and "rigid" personality when it comes to this kind of snake oil nonsense, he believes none of it. So when I made a joke about it he got really angry trying to defend it and didn't speak to me for days. Very odd reaction, I guess it was mind control :D

You should see what happens when you do the same to an apple user!

zing a bading!

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I bought one, put it on and became an instant dickhead.

Seems to work for me?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
See that was too much of a gift to make a joke out of :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom